Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Back to hell with death

After (Y/N) was captured, the Survey Corps prepared to head home. Both Levi and (Y/N) were not talking, making Hanji and Erwin very dissapointed. Hanji, who still had that spark of hope I'm her heart, kept pestering (Y/N), wanting to hear her talk again. Hanji was at the brink of giving up when Erwin pat her shoulders and gave her a slight smile, noticing (Y/N)'s nails were digging into her palms, drawing blood.
The Survey Corps went into a plunge of silence as they got back into the walls.

As the gates were raised, people were cheering and clapping, clearly happy with their return. Children in the front stated at the Survey Corps in awe, their eyes seemingly sparkling in envy. The adults went to their sons and daughters, tears streaming down their faces, glad to see their child safe and sound. When (Y/N) entered, due was greeted with whispers and murmurs, her face scrunching up in annoyance, clearly still not happy with the fact that she was back in her cage again.

"Who is that?"

"Is that Captain (Y/N)?"

"How is she alive?"

"I thought she died..."

(Y/N) heard all these as clear as the light of day. Her stay in the forest always kept her on her toes, her senses, sharpened. It took all of (Y/N)'s mental strength not to shout or tear them apart as she quickened her step to the Survey Corp Headquarters.

As they arrived at their destination, (Y/N) clicked her tongue in disgust. The castle was covered in a layer of dust and vines were attached to the walls of the building. She was just as reluctant to step into the building as Levi, himself, who was gripping the reins of the horse till his knuckles were white. Levi stomped into the building, towards the mess hall where some of the recruits stayed behind to take care of the castle while they were away, and those results, certainly did not do a good job. Levi opened the door with a bang. The recruits were covered in sweat, knowing their fate. Blood rushed out of their faces, living behind a stoned, visibly shivering body. They quickly rushed to get the cleaning supplies and went off to clean.

(Y/N) walked to her room, memories of this place slowly coming back to her. The corridors that she used to run up and down with her comrades, playing games with them. She smiled at those times when she was still at the Survey Corps. Soon, she found herself at the door of her own room. Hesitantly, (Y/N) reached her hand out for the rosary floor knob. The door opened with a resounding creak that made her shiver. The room greeted her with the scent of bold books and cinnamon, tainted with a tinge of vanilla. A smile crept onto (Y/N)'s face. She sat on her bed and bounced and a little, unaware that Levi was staring at her from the door.

"I cleaned up the room for you when you were gone." Levi broke the silence, his heart racing, 'Seriously!? Levi! That's all that you can say? Crap! She's so gonna chase me out because of that stupid sentence. Great way to start the conversation Levi. Good job...'

"Um...thank." (Y/N) replied heat rising up to her cheeks. She turned her head towards the window to avoid him seeing it.

"Dinners ready. I expect to see you there." Levi said coldly. (Y/N) bunched her fist together, her body tensed by his tone. Levi noticed the difference in her body language, immediately regretting his words. Before he could apologize for his actions (Y/N) had already pushed him out of her room, slamming the door into his face, sending him a glare that could have sent him to his death.