Denial (Carter)

I'm going to assume Carter's agnostic or atheist.... idk

You sighed while sitting down on the couch. The blocks and trains that surrounded the room drove you mad. Your maid following around your youngest son while the older of the two was crying because his brother wouldn't give him the red truck.

"Miah? Can you please take the boys to their rooms?" You rubbed your temples. She obliged and soon the room was filled silence. You picked up your phone, "Carter...?" *Hey, (Y/N), how are you?* "Not great. The boys are driving me mad... But, where are you?" *I'm at the empire... talking with the industry, we talked about this.* "We need to talk more later, when do you get home?" *I can be home in an hour?* "Yes, please..."

***

Carter stepped inside the house immediatly pulling his tux jacket off. He walked up to your place by the counter wrapping his arms around you, "You sounded urgent on the phone, what's wrong?"

You sighed and turned around to face him, "I wanted to know before I told you, but... I thought we should check together..."

Carter looked at you a little funny, "Oh- oh.... no no. Please no.."

"I don't know yet so we should check-"

"We can't handle the boys, let alone more!"

"I didn't want this either, but I would guarantee this before we make any plans. I made an appointment, we have ten minutes to leave..."

"(Y/N)..."

"Look, Carter, I'm sorry. I know we don't want this, but maybe God-"

"Stop it with your God stuff..."

"He decide-"

"No, this was our fault and-"

"Stop! We agreed- church and state. This is state." You put your foot down as he let out a long sigh. 

"My work is just gaining it's support. I need my full attention on that. I can't take care of you if you're pregnant."

"I can handle myself. May I remind you that I'm the one at home with two boys? The ones that take after you; ignoring all rules, making messes, they're just ill behaved!"

"You were so attracted to that five years ago..." he smirked pulling you closer to his body.

"But that's why we're fighting... I was attracted to your bad-boy complex, it leads to more things." you mumbled looking down.

"Yeah, you're right. We have to work through this. What time's the appointment again?"

"Just a few minutes, we need to go..." you sigh, "Miah, watch the boys please, we'll be back in a while. Start dinner while we're gone please!" Carter pushed you through the door quickly and running to the car, "Slow down!"

"I want to go now. Here' the address," Carter handed his phone over to the chauffer," This could be nothing, but I'd like to know before I need to make another appointment-"

"For what?"

"You can't think we'd actually go through with this!"

"Carter, we're not doing that to our kid..."

"Well, we might not even be pregnant so let's just go-"

***

You sighed leaning back in the plush seats, "Well."

"Well." Carter replied, his hands running across his knees, "I guess this is a good thing."

"Sure, sure," you commented also a little numb, "You can focus on work, I'll be able to spend more time with the boys.. It's a good thing."

"You wanted to be pregnant didn't you?" Carter sighed leaning back.

"What? No way, it would have been-"

"I would've spent more time at home... I would've helped with the boys, but now you don't have anything to make me stay. it'll just go back to the way it was."

"That wasn't what I was thinking, but I do miss you. You're never at home anymore..." He sighed and pulled your body onto his, kissing your forehead.

"I'll be there. With or without a baby..."

No idea where this idea came from. Oh well. I wanted to write Bucky so I had to finish this one quick.