Could be coincidence (CHRIS)

Request for @elenor904!

You picked up your bag and grabbed your cup. Shoot! Why does it take so long to get a coffee these days!?  You checked your phone again before running outside. You had made it literally 1 step out of the shop and another body collided with yours. 

"I'm so sorry, Miss, here," he held his arms out for you. You grabbed on and he pulled you up in a single motion. You looked up to see the man that had knocked you over. Your eyes locked with his blue ones and his your (Y/E/C) ones. He face was perfect. If that was even possible. You noticed after a few seconds that you had been staring.

"I'm so sorry! I really need to get going.... thank you!" 

"Wait! Your coffee! Let me buy you a drink, Miss...?'

"(Y/N)...(Y/L/N)... I would but I'm going to be late for work." The man just started laughing.

"DIdn't you get the email?"

"Excuse me?" 

"They delayed it an hour. We have time..."

"Who are you?!" You shouted, honestly fearing for your life. 

"Dr. Christopher Beck.. At your service." He gave a small bow and you noticed the NASA logo written across his T-shirt. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't recognize you!"

"It's alright, we were going to meet at some point today, however it's earlier than work starts!" He started to laugh, "Here, coffee?"

***

"No, I don't think so. It's not going to work. The most impressive equation ever discovered would prove your theory incorrect!" You stated matter of factly. 

"What does energy have to do with it then?"

"Kinetic specifically. Everything. Anything that moves or has mass and a spaceship has both!" 

He smiled at you. You had sat there with your new crew mate and you couldn't stop, you weren't paying attention to the time at all and you both slipped into a 'crush conversation'. You were falling for this man. You knew it. And now you'd have to spend years with him, without any romance. Great.

Little did you know, Chris was falling just as hard, if not harder. You finally got a call at almost noon.

"Hello?"

"Hello, (Y/N)? Where are you?"

"Coming!!! Chris, we have to go!" He looks down at his watch and then at the empty coffee shop.

You started to run with him and stopped to try and flag down a taxi.

"(Y/N)?" You looked up at him, "I know we won't have much time now, but when we get back home, will you go on a date with me?"

"I'd want nothing less!" You laughed as you got into the taxi.

Time skip to on Hermes before Mark is stranded

"Okay! I get it she's hot! But she said she has a date when she gets back," Mark groaned as Chris smiled/ stared at you. 

"Did she ever tell you who that was with?"

"Said I wouldn't know him.." 

"You're looking at him! Out of all the others I assumed you would get it first."

"No way... it's against the rules!"

"Not when I met her was it..." 

"What are you-?"

"(Y/N)! Where are we going on our date?!" He called across the ship. You spun around and looked at him with fear, "Everyone knows now! I'm done hiding it! Where, are, we, going?" 

You shook your head lightly, "Italian! I want Italian..."

"Yes, ma'am," he walked up to you before crashing his lips into yours for only a second, but it was all you needed to melt away. 

Lewis clicked her lips, "Quite something. Isn't it. How long have you been keeping this a secret?"

"Since before we left..." you laughed nervously as Chris kept his arm around your waist gently. 

***

You twirled the pasta under your fork and smiled at Chris. His kitchen was barely lit by the candles, but you could still see his face clearly. Ok, maybe it wasn't exactly a first date since you went public like 3 years ago- on Earth, but it was still your first official one.

Chris held your free hand lightly under the table, "I love you..." He whispered lightly to you. You set down your fork a little loudly.

"I'm sorry?"

"I said I love you."

"-I love you, too." You leaned across the table and met Chris' lips halfway and rested your hands on his cheeks, "I love you to mars and back..."

Upcoming One-Shots: Pre-War Bucky for @CaptianJBBarnes / Sebastian for destiny178