Pressing Pause (Bucky)

I know I've done a lot of Bucky recently, but so many people have been requesting him! So here goes the first request this week of many!

Requested by @_1213b

"Oh! And here's the one your mother said you just loved of you and Rebecca, and this one is from our trip to Queens, and our engagement photo!" You squealed happily as you flipped through the black and white images, "All sized to fit in your pocket!" 

Bucky looked from the photos to you, a small smile tilting at the corners of his lips, "I'm going to miss you," He cupped your face with his hand.

"Yea, but you'll be home soon, won'tcha?" You smiled back at him, "I mean, of course I'll miss you, but you're not going forever, just a few months."

He sighed, wrapping his arms around your small frame, "Of course, it's only a few months."

You smiled against his shoulder, "I know, Soldier."

"You know he never knew..."

"What are you talking about?" Wanda mumbled as she pulled her head out of the dishwasher.

"Oh sorry... uh James."

"What didn't he know?"

"That I was immortal, I just wish I had the opportunity to tell him, break clean, and not have all this baggage of not telling him," you set your plate down in the sink, "I mean I was supposed to tell him."

"(Y/N), you're going crazy over this. 70 years ago, honey, he died! And he has no idea you are or will he ever know about your immortality." 

"I just-"

You were laughing as the roller coaster seemed to drag on forever. You had one hand up in the air, the other securely in Bucky's while Steve sat next to you both. The ride came to a stop and you tried to step off, but being the clumsy one you were, started to fall, but you were caught by your boyfriend. 

"Carefull there, Doll!" 

"Buck, can we get ice cream?"

"Sure-"

"I'll go get them, you can wait here," Steve offered earning a smile and a nod from both of you. Bucky handed Steve a few coins and sat down on a bench with you.

"(Y/N), do you see a future in us?"

"Why do you ask?"

"No reason, just could you see me and you in the future together? Married, maybe with kids or grandkids?"

"I-I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess so, but can I tell you something? Something that you cannot tell anyone. Not Steve, not Rebecca, not your mother, no one. It requires you to, I guess, run away with me forever-"

"Chocolate for Buck and a (Y/F/F) for Ms. (Y/N)" 

"Thanks Steve! What were you going to say?"

"Uh- nothing..."

"(Y/N), I need you downstairs, right now."

"What is it, Steve?" You grumbled as you made your way to the doorway where Steve stood, looking frightened and rushed, "What's wrong?"

"It's Bucky... your Bucky."

It took you a moment before you realized what was happening. Your legs took you all the way to the base and you ran in. Stopping dead in your tracks as you stood face to face with Bucky.

"(Y/N)? You're (Y/N), right?" He questioned, hope springing into him. 

You ran as fast as you could practically tripping over your own two feet as Bucky stood up scooping you into his arms. He took your hand in his and he slid the small diamond ring. 

"It's beautiful, Buck..." you whispered as you held your hand up to see it clearly. 

"For the most beautiful gal," he spoke with a smile plastered onto his face. 

"Such a flirt!"

You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him while balancing on your toes. He didn't even hesitate to place his arm around you at the same time. The kiss was the same as 70 years ago, only a mixture of blood was evident. You ran your hand down his shoulder until a cool metal suddenly stopped. 

You looked down almost in fear, noticing that his arm was literally TORN from it's socket, "What happened to you!?"

"Not important..." he started crying, as did you as he pulled you closer to him as he clung on desperately to keep you safe with him. 

"I know this whole thing seems surreal," he began, "But how- how are you-"

"James, I tried to tell you this many times, I- I just didn't know how... I'm immortal. I can't and never will die, it's a disease really."

"No, no it's not, there is nothing that could make you any less than perfect. And I love you for that..."

You nodded as you wiped some more tears from your face.

***

"No peeking!" You giggled as you held your hands over Bucky's eyes. He laughed at your excitement, "Alright, stay here, annnnddd... look!" 

He opened his eyes slightly and let them adjust before he took one look at the dress you were wearing. His hand shot to cover his mouth as he gasped staring at your beauty. 

"70 years I've kept this, guess I knew this day would come." 

Bucky stood speechless as he walked over to you, looking over the white fabric that draped over your body so eloquently it gave him chills. 

"Do you like it?"

"You're beautiful..."

"I meant the dress!"

"I know... I love you."

You smiled, "I love you, too," He kissed your cheek and whispered, "May I have this dance?" 

"You may!"

And the two of you danced just like you did 70 years ago under the stars, the night before he left for war.