My Dream One Shot (Bucky)

If you haven't already, check out the My Dream chapter. This one-shot is based off of the dream I had a few nights ago. I will be cutting out the weird parts and inserting more romantic, action, and plot line stuff. I may make this one more than one part! I am not picking a side and saying which political party is better than the other, I simply retelling a version of my dream!

(I guess this starts in a war time... I'm not specifying because I have no idea myself. But it's a Republican vs. Democratic war?...I'd say 20's to 40's era?)

You stood in the back of the room, leaned up against a tall window. You looked over the group in front of you. Mostly boys around your age. They all looked scared, but you knew you had to do this. There was no way out of it. Your dress swayed a little every time someone opened the door. You had been here before, it was nothing new. You were a republican, and everyone in that room was here for the exact same reason: To save our party. There were some new faces in the crowd, mostly new recruits but one specifically caught your eye. He was standing up front, right next to your father, who was speaking. He held his gun like a soldier, but he wasn't, he couldn't be. He wasn't out at war. He looked as if he was ready to attack, even though there were no threats.

"I'm going to go through the groups..." He began to read of names, "(Y/L/N), Private Humphry, Private Bass, Sergeant Barnes, lead by Captain Rogers. "

You father concluded his speech and walked off to talk to some other high officials about some war things you didn't want to bother yourself with. Suddenly, a hand stopped you, "(Y/N)? I'm Bucky. We're working together. I guess." His warm smile made you heart melt.

You rolled your eyes internally, "Thank you, but I can handle myself, besides don't you have some others you could attack or something?" Referencing the gun held in his free hand, "That was my spot. I was supposed to be in my own group!"

"I'm afraid that's what he warned me of. I volunteered for this job. I thought if I had to watch anyone, it would be you..."

"Don't get in my way." Your tone was cold, but he still fell in love with it.

You followed him out into the busy streets. The rest of your group tagging along behind. Captain Rogers turned out to be a small boy from Brooklyn. How was he any more eligible than you for that honor? You who had grown up surrounded by war and knew every secret backwards and forwards. A man walking by took one look at you and smiled.

"What's the pretty lady doing with you radicals?"

"Leave her alone." Bucky immediately stepped in front of you. You felt anger and the urge to scream I can do it myself! but all you could think of was collapsing in his arms. The man walked of slowly, but Bucky didn't move.

You cough lightly letting him know he still had his arm on you, yet he still kept it there, "Barnes? I'm fine."

He shook his head. The rest of the group knew something too. They looked a little on edge and ready to fight. "What is going on?!" You shouted. Gunshots rang through the air. You dropped straight to floor and Bucky crouched down with you after the rest of the men had started to shoot back.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" his worry was evident. You nodded slightly.

"Just shaken up..."

The one who calls himself Chuck ran back, "There were two of them sir. We took them both down. It's clear."

"Good. I need you all the block Miss (Y/L/N), before we get to my apartment."

Captain Rogers nodded in agreement.

"Really?" you protested, "That's the least safe place for me to be."

"You father wanted you there. No one will look there for you."

"Am I like some prize? Something that the democrats want to win over?"

"Something like that."

Pt. 2 will be up tonight!