Faking

The Rangers knew that every once in a while, Mike would fake being sick. It was helpful, if the Rangers felt they were getting overwhelmed, Mike would pretend to be ill and they wouldn't have to do anything that day except "take care" of Mike. Sometimes though, Mike would do it when he felt insecure. He would get hit with waves of thoughts, mostly saying things like "Jayden is better than you." "Kevin is a better fighter than you." "You don't deserve to be a Ranger." When this happened, the team would sit with him for the whole day talking about when Mike saved him in battle or when he did a cool move and took out a Nighlock. Unfortunately, this didn't come in handy when Mike was actually feeling bad.
Mike woke with a pounding headache. He groaned and rolled over in his bed, frowning when he heard someone chuckle from across the room. "Come on Mike." Kevin said, walking across the room. "If you don't get up now, you'll be late and Mentor will put you on dish duty for a month." Mike turned back over and looked at Kevin. "Kev," he whined. "My head hurts." Kevin smiled, playing along. He knew Mike was probably just feeling insecure again. "Remember when we were fighting Daiyu, and you pushed Emily out of the way of her attack?" He asked. Mike nodded. "Good." Kevin replied. "Now get up."
At breakfast, Mike wasn't feeling any better. He had taken a twenty minute shower, but it didn't take away much pain. Mike and Kevin were the first ones at the table. Breakfast was already made and laying out, but there was no other sign of Ji. Mike sat down and rested his head on his hand. "What's wrong Mike?" Mia asked when she came in. "He has a headache." Kevin says with a weird tone. Mia nods, knowing what this meant. The same thing happened with all the other Rangers, except for Jayden. When he was told that Mike had a headache, he just looked at him. "Not today." Jayden said. He sounded stressed out. "There was a problem at the temples and we need to be up there. Ji left earlier today, but we need to be there too now. A van is picking us up in thirty minutes."
Mike's head still hurt when the van arrived, but he didn't say anything. Jayden never really got stressed, so obviously it was something serious. The car ride was awkward and quiet. During breakfast, Jayden had asked Mike why he wasn't eating, and had grown more tense when Mike said his head was hurting. So, Mike just suffered in silence, head against the window. They were driving to one of the closer temples, so the drive was only about 45 minutes, and there was a small village a ten minute walk away. When they arrived at the temple, the teens saw Ji standing outside the door to the temple. As soon as the car stopped, Jayden jumped out and ran to him. He looked like he was asking questions, and then Ji nodded. He then said something and Jayden ran inside. The rest of the Rangers got out of the car and went into the temple as well. "Where's Jayden?" Mia asked Ji. "Private business." Ji responded. "You can all go into the lounge for now, Jayden should be out in a little while."
Inside the lounge, Mike sat in a reclining chair, staring at the floor. All he could think about how much his head hurt. Kevin, Mia, and Emily were having a conversation, but at one point Emily looked over at Mike. "Are you okay?" She asked. Mike looked up. "My head hurts." He said. "Mike." Kevin said coldly. "Not right now." Mike stood up and walked out of the room. Honestly, he wanted to cry. He felt awful and nobody believed him. Unfortunately, Mike bumped into somebody as he walked. "Oh, sorry." Mike mumbled. He looked up, and saw that it was Ji he bumped into. "Sorry." Mike said again. "It's alright." Ji told him. Ji started to continue walking again when Mike stopped him. "Is everything okay?" Ji asked. "Yeah, I'm okay." Mike replied. "Do you know where the bathroom is?" Ji told Mike where it was and then continued to his destination.
In the bathroom, Mike rummaged the cabinets, hoping to find some kind of pain killer. Unfortunately he didn't find anything. When he got back to the lounge, Jayden was there, looking much more relaxed than earlier. "I just have to finish some paperwork." Ji said as Mike entered the room. "It shouldn't take more than two hours. Why don't you all go into the village?"
It was a nice little village. All the people were friendly and very pleased to see the Rangers, even though they didn't know who they were. All of the people there were in their early 60's to 70's. As the group headed to a small cafe for lunch, Mike trailed behind. He didn't eat anything either. When they got back to the temple, Mike's head was really hurting him. He was starting to get dizzy too, so he retreated into the bathroom again.
"Has anyone seen Mike?" Mia asked half an hour later. "I thought I saw him heading toward the bathroom." Kevin replied. Kevin and Mia went over to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Mike?" Kevin called. No response. "Mike, if you don't open this door in five seconds we're coming in!" Mia said. No answer. Kevin opened the door and was shocked at what he found. "Ji!" He yelled. The two ran over to Mike who was passed out on the bathroom floor. His lip was bleeding. Kevin checked for a pulse, there was one, but it was weak.

The Rangers all sat in chairs in the hospital waiting room. After about an hour, a doctor came out. "Mike?" She said. The team stood up and went over. "Is he okay?" Emily questioned. "Your friend is going to be fine. He was extremely dehydrated. He passed out and cut his lip when he fell. We stitched it up and gave him an IV, but he'll have to stay here for at least a day." The doctor explained. "Why was he dehydrated?" Ji asked. "He told us he had a headache since this morning. It was borderline migraine and the dehydration only made it worse." She said. "I'm right in assuming you're his legal guardian?" Ji nodded. "Come with me, you can all see him once I get back." "It's my fault." Kevin said, sitting down. "He told me he had a headache when he woke up. I thought he was just doing it for attention." "He told all of us he had a headache." Mia replied. "No, if anything, it was my fault." Jayden interrupted. "I'm the leader. I should've seen that he was sick." When Ji came back, the five went into Mike's room. "How're you feeling?" Jayden asked. "I'm okay." Mike replied. "We're sorry we didn't believe you." Emily said. "No," Mike told her. "It's my fault. I shouldn't do it so much." "You can't help it Mike." Jayden told him. "We all have insecurities. "Group hug?" Mia said. The teens all hugged around Mike. Even Ji joined in.

A/N: Alright guys, this story was requested by the beautiful person that is @shecemc and also, it's only a week until Halloween! My Halloween special is in the process of being complete and I hope I'll see you soon! Bye guys!