He's Hurt, In More Ways Than One

It all happened so quickly. One minute, Jayden was attacking Serrator, alone, might I add. The team had all just gotten knocked back after a blast and were still kind of in a daze. The next, there was a giant crack in the earth, and from that crack, arose Master Xandred. Emily was the first who's head got clear enough to process what was happening. She let out a blood curdling cry. "Jayden!" Jayden barely had enough time to register that Master Xandred was standing before him when he felt white hot pain, well, everywhere. "Jayden!" Jayden heard someone calling him, but the voices were distant, like they were calling from another world. As Jayden fell and clearly wouldn't be standing again, Xandred turned his attention to Serrator. "You're a traitor." He said, his voice sending chills down the Rangers' spines. "Way to state the obvious." Serrator said sourly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to become a better ruler than you'll ever be." In a blind rage, Master Xandred sent a blast toward Serrator, who jumped out of the way and away to an unknown place. Xandred then turned to the Rangers, but, realizing he was drying out, said "Our battle is for another time." And jumped through the crack back to the Underworld. "We gotta help Jayden." Emily said. Mike's head had also cleared up a bit, and he nodded and ran over to the fallen ranger. "Oh man," Mike said when he saw his leader. "This is bad, we have to call Mentor." Emily nodded, tears in her eyes, and pulled out her Samuraizer. "Mentor, Jayden's hurt. Bad." She said into the phone. "Hang on." Ji replied. He then performed a symbol power, teleportation. All of the Rangers were then zapped into the Recovery Room, Jayden lying on one of the beds. "Oh my-" Ji started. The red Ranger had a huge slash across his chest and stomach, it was at least an inch deep. There was also blood pooling on the pillow coming from the back of Jayden's head. His fingers on his left hand were most definitely broken, and he had a few cracked ribs. Ji took a breath, trying to think. As an adult, he couldn't freak out. It was his job. He had to keep his students calm. "Everyone out, except for Emily." He turned to the yellow ranger. "You said you had gotten some medical experience when your sister got sick, right?" He asked. Emily nodded. "Okay, I'll need you to help me." Ji said. "Everyone else, out."

Ji and Emily were in the Recovery Room with Jayden until two thirty in the morning, and they were surprised to see the rest of the Rangers sitting against the wall outside. "How is he?" Mia asked. "It'll take him a while to recover, but he will, in the end, be okay." Ji assured. "I gave him a sedative, so he should sleep through the night." The team nodded, and all went to their rooms, attempting to get some sleep.

The next morning at around 8am, Jayden felt someone running their fingers through his hair. He also felt sharp pain in his torso. He tried to move his left arm slightly, but found he couldn't. "A cast." Jayden realized. He slowly started to open his eyes, and when the light filtering through the window reached them, it awoke a pain in the back of his head. "Ugh." Jayden groaned. Emily immediately got up and went to get Ji. The mentor came in and immediately sat down in the chair by Jayden's bed. "Jayden, can you hear me?" Ji asked. "Yeah, yeah." Jayden said, nodding his head slightly. "What happened?" "You were attacked by Master Xandred." Ji told him. "Xandred?" Jayden said. Then a thought hit him. "Where's the team, are they okay?" He asked frantically. He tried to sit up, but Ji stopped him. "They're fine, and you can see them in a few minutes, but you're really hurt Jayden, you're going to have to take it easy for a while." Ji said. Jayden sighed. Then slowly, he started to sit up. It was extremely painful, but he managed to do it. He looked down to see that his chest was bare. He had stitches, 27 to be exact. He could see that around the area where the stitches were on his chest, he had bruising. He lifted up his right hand to run it through his hair when he felt a bandage wrapped around his head. Suddenly the pain in his head made sense. Jayden was about to ask Ji something, but then the door opened and the team all came in. "Hey Amigo," Antonio said. "How you feeling?" Jayden managed a smile. "You don't really want me to answer that do you?" He asked. Antonio chuckled. "No, I guess not." Jayden then looked at Kevin. "You'll be leading the team while I recover?" He asked. "Of course." Kevin replied. Jayden nodded. "Okay, come on." Ji said, ushering everyone out of the room. "I think Jayden could use some rest." Ji left Jayden alone for about an hour and a half, but then he came back in, insisting that Jayden should eat. Jayden did so, slowly, and because of this, Ji could tell something was bothering his student. "Are you okay Jayden?" He asked. Jayden looked down at himself, all the bandages, and then looked back up at his mentor and raised his eyebrows. "Mentally." Ji said. "I'm fine Ji." Jayden replied. Ji looked suspicious, but left Jayden alone. A couple hours after that, Jayden insisted that he could walk, and he could, but with difficulty. He sat outside on the bench, watching his team train. However, the peace of the situation was short lived, as not long into training, something happened. The gap sensor went off.

A/N: Okay guys! I haven't actually edited this part too much so it's basically still exactly the same, I will be working on part 2 however, but any suggestions you have would be great. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time. Bye guys!