Nightmares

"Let her go!" Jayden yelled. Master Xandred was holding Emily, so Jayden couldn't perform the sealing symbol without banishing Emily to the underworld forever, as well as Master Xandred. The other Rangers were busy fighting Moogers. "I don't think so Ranger!" Xandred yelled back. "I think I'll keep her." Xandred stroked the side of Emily's face. "What a precious little gem." Jayden jumped off the cliff he was standing on and started running towards Xandred. "Bad choice." Xandred whispered. Master Xandred jumped through a gap, keeping a tight hold on Emily. "No!" Jayden yelled in desperation. "Emily!"
Jayden woke panting in a cold sweat. He tried telling himself "It was just a dream. Emily's fine." But it wasn't working. Jayden finally decided he needed some type of human company or he would cry, so he quietly brought his pillow and his blanket into Emily's room. Just seeing her sleeping in her bed comforted him. He set his stuff up on the floor and climbed in. "I'm never going to let anything happen to you." He whispered, before falling asleep.
Jayden woke early the next morning, around 5am. He quietly dragged his stuff back to his room, hoping that Ji wouldn't notice he was awake. For the next week Jayden had a routine. Stay awake as long as he could, fall asleep around 2:30 in the morning, wake up from a nightmare, go into Emily's room, sleep until 5am, go back into his room. It wasn't a very good system. Jayden was very tired and was falling asleep standing up for the whole week. Ji decided he had to intervene. Ji walked up to his student and took his Samuraizer from his pocket. "Jayden, can I speak to you?" Jayden dragged himself into Ji's office. "Sit down Jayden." Ji ordered. Jayden sat. "Are you okay?" Ji asked. "Yes, I'm fine." Jayden replied. Ji wasn't sure. "Are you lying Jayden?" Jayden thought for a moment, then shook his head. Ji sighed. "Listen Jayden," he said. "We can all tell something's bothering you, and whatever it is, it's making you lose sleep." "What makes you think I'm losing sleep?" Jayden retorted. "You've been dead on your feet for the past week, you're getting bags under your eyes, and," Ji pulled out Jayden's Samuraizer. "You didn't notice when I took this." "Give me my morpher!" Jayden yelled. "No." Ji said. "You're taking the day off to rest." "No!" Jayden exclaimed. "What if there's a Nighlock attack?" "Then you just have to hope the others can handle it." Ji said, dismissing Jayden.
Jayden was grabbing a bottle of juice from the fridge when Emily came in. She was dressed in her training clothes. "Hey." She said. "I heard Mentor gave you the day off to rest." Jayden nodded. "Well, why haven't you been sleeping so good?" Emily asked. Jayden looked at her. "The truth?" Emily nodded. Jayden leaned on the counter. "I've been having these really bad nightmares all week." He told her. "What about?" She questioned. "Oh, um..." Jayden started. He didn't want to admit his crush on Emily, and he didn't want her to be suspicious. "Just... Bad things happening to the team because of Master Xandred." He explained. "Oh. Well maybe I can help." Emily said.
Emily brought Jayden into the recovery room. She told him to lie down on a bed, and then she pushed another one next to it, so it was like one big bed. Emily layed down next to Jayden. "Turn around." She said. He did as told. Emily wrapped one arm around Jayden's waist and used the other one to run her hand through Jayden's hair. Jayden smiled, and soon, fell asleep.
Jayden woke, expecting Emily to be next to him. She wasn't, and he noticed the other bed wasn't next to his. He stood up and went out in search of Emily. He found her in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. "Hi!" She said, smiling. Ji came into the kitchen. "Glad to see you're awake." He said. "You've been asleep for two days." Jayden was shocked. "Two days?" Ji nodded. "And since you didn't wake up, I assume you had no nightmares?" Jayden was confused as to how Ji knew, but then Ji explained that Emily told him everything, and he had a solution. Ji handed Jayden a dream catcher that he made with his symbol power. "Thanks Ji." Jayden said. "So," Emily said. "Are you hungry?" Jayden smiled. "Starved."