The Boys

A/N: Hey guys! First of all thanks for being so so so so so so so so patient. I'm not feeling good at the moment, so I've decided to write. Now I'm not exactly sure what this story will be about yet, but knowing me it'll probably end up turning into a sick fic. Also, if you have a story you'd like me to check out, don't hesitate to comment! I'd love to read them. Alright guys! Please enjoy the story!

  Jayden stumbled through the hallway, coughing into his elbow. He was headed towards the Recovery Room in search of medicine. He had woken up feeling horrible, but he couldn't take a day off. Not when the Nighlock attacks were at an all time high. The teen had decided to just take some medicine and not say anything to anyone, hoping it would blow over quickly. Unfortunately, once he passed Ji's room, he heard his mentor's door open. "Jayden?" Ji said. Jayden sighed and turned around, hoping to seem normal. "Hey Ji..." He said. "What exactly are you doing?" Ji questioned. It wasn't very unusual for Jayden to be out of bed at this time. Sometimes he snuck outside to train in the middle of the night- but Ji had decided on putting an end to that a long time ago. "To..." Jayden was struggling to come up with a good excuse when a bout of coughing hit him. Ji stepped forward and placed a hand on his student's forehead. "You have a fever." He stated simply. "Go to the Recovery Room, I'll be there in a few minutes." "I can't, Ji." Jayden protested. "The Nighlock are getting stronger. I can't afford to be sick." "And how exactly do you expect to help the team in a battle in this condition?" Ji asked. Jayden thought for a moment, but couldn't come up with a good answer. "Precisely." Ji said. "Now do as I say." The red ranger sighed in defeat and went to the Recovery Room.

   The next day, there were two empty seats at breakfast. Jayden was the first, but the second... "Where's Mike?" Ji asked the teens. Sure Mike used to not take this as seriously as he should've, but he'd been quite good with waking up on time lately. The Rangers shrugged. "He wasn't in his bed this morning when I got up." Kevin explained. "I figured he was just in the bathroom or something, so I went on my jog." Ji nodded and headed toward the room of the green and blue rangers. When he arrived, he wasn't surprised to find Mike still in bed. "Mike?" He said, shaking the teen's shoulder. "Mike." Slowly, Mike opened his eyes. "Why weren't you up on time?" Ji asked. "I don't feel good." The green ranger said. "What's wrong?" Ji questioned. "I threw up last night." Mike explained. Ji sighed. This meant that whatever Jayden had, it was probably spreading throughout the team already, and Mike wouldn't be the only one getting sick. "Come to the Recovery Room." Ji said, helping his student out of bed. When he got there, Mike was surprised to see Jayden, but he didn't say anything. Jayden was asleep, hair matted down to his forehead with sweat. Ji helped Mike settle into a bed and then grabbed a cold towel to set on Jayden's forehead. He then proceeded to take the temperature of the green ranger, 102.6. "I'll give you something for the nausea," Ji told Mike. "And then I want you to try and sleep."

  An hour later, Ji was making soup for Jayden, Mike wasn't feeling up for eating. While he was pouring the soup into a bowl though, Antonio came in and sat down at the kitchen table, his head in his hands. "Are you alright Antonio?" Ji asked. The gold ranger hadn't seen Ji when he came in, so he was surprised to hear his voice. "Yeah, I just got a little dizzy." He replied. Ji didn't believe Antonio though, and he went over to check the teen's forehead. It was hot. "Go lie down in the Recovery Room." He ordered. Antonio just nodded and went, not feeling well enough to argue.
Jayden was eating his soup, glad that the liquid soothed his throat temporarily. Ji was checking Antonio's symptoms when Kevin came in, a hand on his stomach. "Mentor?" He said. "I'm not feeling too well." Ji looked at the blue ranger. "You too, huh?" He said. Kevin nodded, and Ji motioned for him to lay down on the bed. Ji sighed. What a long day this would be.

Ji rubbed Jayden's back as the ranger threw up. This had been going on for a while, but eventually there was nothing left for Jayden to puke up. "Ji..." He moaned inbetween dry heaves. "It hurts." "I know." Ji sympathized. "Come on, get back in bed." Jayden let Ji lead him back to his bed in the Recovery Room. Ji had told Mia and Emily to stay away since they were the only ones not sick, and he didn't want to have to deal with a whole team of sick Rangers. Dealing with 2/3 of the team being sick though, was just as bad. "It's too hot in here." Mike said, pushing his blankets off of him. "Are you kidding me?" Antonio asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice. "I'm freezing." Ji walked over and took Antonio's temperature. 103.4. "I can't give you any more blankets Antonio." Ji said. Antonio pouted. "Can I have soup then?" He asked. Ji nodded and headed out to the kitchen to heat up some. Mia and Emily were having a late lunch in the kitchen when Ji came in. "I feel so bad for the boys." Emily said. "I wish there was some way we could help." Ji filled a bowl with soup for Antonio and turned towards the girls. "The best thing you can do," he started. "Is to try and stay healthy." "Yeah, you're right." Mia agreed. "Well if it's alright, me and Emily were thinking of catching a movie." "Have fun." Ji said with a smile. The girls thanked Ji and headed out.

The worst thing about the Rangers being sick, was that they weren't exactly themselves. For example, Mike offered Ji money to read a story. "Seriously?" Ji said in shock when Mike brought it up. "Yeah." The green ranger replied simply. Ji looked at the other Rangers, and saw that they looked hopeful for his answer. He chuckled. "What story?" He asked. Mike reached down and picked up a book Ji hadn't noticed was there. He held it out to his Mentor. Ji sat down in a chair and began to read. "So many days have passed. So many happy days for Andy Davis and his toys..."
By the time Ji had finished the book, Kevin had fallen asleep. "How could he do that?" Jayden asked. "How could Andy just abandon them after everything they've been through?" "It's all part of growing up." Antonio answered. "Well it's sad." Mike chimed in. Ji chuckled at his students. It was a bit into the evening and they were all feeling a little better. "Does anyone need anything else before I go out?" He questioned. The three teens looked at him with a sadness in their eyes. "You're leaving?" Mike asked. Ji sighed. He had planned on going to the store; they were running low on medicine. "I... I guess not." Ji said. The boys were strangely clingy when sick, so this wasn't unexpected. "Tell us another story." Antonio suggested. "How did you become a mentor?" Ji smiled. "Well it all started long ago..."

After the second story, everyone passed out, which gave Ji an opportunity to call the girls to pick up some medicine on their way home. Ji also took advantage of this time to wash the dishes and cook dinner for himself, Emily, and Mia. He prepared a medium sized steak and some veggie stir fry. When Emily commented on the steak, all Ji could say was "Hey, planning meals for a house full of people isn't as easy as it looks." "It's easy for me." Mia said. "Maybe you should follow some of my techniques." Ji chuckled, but shared a frightened look with Emily. After dinner, Emily and Mia headed to bed and Ji went back into the Recovery Room.

Ji checked the fevers of the four sick Rangers. Mike and Kevin were feeling a little cooler, but Jayden and Antonio were still burning up. It was when Ji was grabbing cold cloths when the worst possible thing happened. The gap sensor went off.
Jayden immediately tried to get out of bed. "Jayden!" Ji exclaimed. He lightly pushed the ranger back down into his bed. "Get back in bed, the girls can handle it." Meanwhile Mia and Emily were rushing downtown to fight the Nighlock that dared enter the human world.

The girls got back nearly 45 minutes later. It was a quick fight, a weak Nighlock. They ended up spending the night in the Recovery Room, the boys insisting they had to make sure the girls were okay. Ji didn't think it was a good idea, but in the morning, everyone was feeling a lot better than the night before.

A/N: I know the ending is crappy but I've been working on this story forever and I really wanted to get something out to you guys. It's been hard to write, I'm not exactly sure why, but school's starting up again, which hopefully means I'll get to write while bored in class. Please comment and vote if you enjoyed, and I'll see you next time. Bye guys! (P.S the story Ji reads is totally Toy Story 3)