#84 - Brendan Gallagher - #11 Montreal Canadiens

"How much further?" I groaned in an annoyed tone, Brendan stopped and turned to me before walking ahead.

"Maybe if you stopped asking so many questions then we're gonna get there faster." Brendan said with a smile playing at his lips.

"Hmm well three hours we've been hiking, three hours! I need to know." I exclaimed coming up behind him and poked his cheek.

"I did tell you it is a surprise." Brendan said.

"Yes a surprise, I didn't realize we'd be walking to it! This better be a goddamn amazing surprise" I replied grumpily, Brendan laughed as he took my hand in his.

"It is, we're nearly there." Brendan told me.

I scoffed and answered him. "You said that almost an hour ago."

"Nice to see you're keeping time." Brendan replied sarcastically. 

"Shh let me be grumpy." I said giving a laugh to Brendan.

"We're here." Brendan announced as he came to halt, I stopped beside him. He turned to face me and grinned.

"You ready?" He asked taking out a bandanna, I held my hand up.

"You are not putting that over my eyes." I sassed.

"Can I use my hands then?" Brendan spoke putting the bandanna back into his pocket. I nodded. He walked over to me and put his hands over my eyes, his breath against the back of my neck as he breathed.

"Right walk forward." He told giving me a little nudge.

"If I fall you're going down with me." I said putting my hands out to feel my way around. We walked only a couple of feet before Brendan told me to stop, he took his hands away from my eyes and I blinked a few times to regain my vision back. The first thing that I see is a camp site in the middle of a small open, a tent for two in the center and a camp fire beside it with a log for sitting on.

"We're camping?" I asked turning to face Brendan, he had his famous grin across his lips.

"Yeah I thought it would be good for us to get away from everything for the weekend and not have to worry about anything but us two." Brendan explained giving me a simple shrug.

I reached up on my tiptoes and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "That's thoughtful of you." 

"Do you like it?" Brendan asked worriedly as we walked over to the tent.

"Of course I do! I love it." I told.

"Oh thank god you like it. I brought everything I could think off, blankets, sweets, food. I even got this s'more kit to make some later whenever it dark, and I also brought our swimsuits cause there's a lake over the hill that we can swim in tomorrow or whenever. I also have a portable TV thingy that we can watch our favourite movies on." Brendan babbled bringing me over to the tent and showed me everything that is inside, I smiled at his eagerness.

"Tell me, did you think of everything?" I asked sitting down on the log.

"Well yes I did, I want everything to be perfect for us since we never really get time away from the big city and it is about time that we spend time with each other." Brendan smiled sitting beside me.

"Sweet and thoughtful, I love you." I grinned leaning over a kissed his cheek.

"I love you too." Brendan told me, giving my forehead a kiss as I lent my body against his. We snuggled together for a bit, enjoying each others company before Brendan spoke up.

"What should we do?" 

"S'MORES." I shouted making Brendan beside me jump.

"Whatever you say." Brendan laughs as he gets down to start the fire. It takes no time for Brendan to get the fire started, we sat on the log with marshmallows on stick heating up.

"Thank you." I say staring at the marshmallow. 

"What for?" Brendan asked.

"Thinking of this, us spending time together. It's nice." I smiled turning to him, Brendan returned the smile before pressing his lips against mine.

"I think my marshmallow is on fire." I giggled not lifting my lips from Brendan's. 

"Aw well." Brendan shrugged as he continued to kiss me.