Chicken Meet

I wrote my Onew short fan fic :D I wasn't sure what to write so it might be a bit random, but share it around and tell me what you think~ hehe

I didn't know what to call it so it's kind of random (first thing I thought of)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting in the cafe alone, I munched on my all time favourite food; fried chicken. Concentrating hard on my food, the sound of yelling was the only thing that brought me back to earth from my chicken heaven. "What?! No more fried chicken left?! How can that be!? I'm not going to eat without my favourite food!" I turned around to stare at the source of the noise, along with the rest of the cafe. I could see the back of a tall, rather attractive looking guy as he yelled at the person at the cash register. It was obvious that he was angry, but over such a small thing? How much did this person like fried chicken?

"I'm sorry sir," the young man at the cash register said back, trying to keep his cool, "we just gave the last batch of fried chicken to another customer." At that I froze. Staring down at my recently given plate of delicious, warm chicken, I noticed that I was the only one eating chicken out of the few people here.

The angry customer sighed heavily and turned around to walk straight out. Since I was feeling bad for taking the last of the chicken, I decided that I could spare a few for someone who seemed to love the food just as much as me.

Just as the man passed my table, I cleared my throat and spoke to him. "Um, excuse me sir?" He stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around. "...Yes..?" He asked carefully. I could see him looking down at my plate of chicken, so I sped up. “I overheard your...um..I mean, would you like to have some of my chicken?" He was still staring at the chicken but I saw a smile slowly spread across his face. Before I could say another word he was sitting at my table with a chicken in his hand. I couldn't see his eyes since he was wearing black sunglasses, but I could tell he was happy because of the huge, breathtaking, white smile he had.

I sat down opposite him and watched him eat. It was silence throughout the cafe other than the kpop music playing in the background, which I instantly recognised as 'Replay' by my favourite band, SHINee. I started tapping my hand to the beat, something I unintentionally do when I hear a SHINee song. I could hear the sound of chewing slow down and looked up to see if something was wrong. The man opposite me had a half eaten chicken in his hand, with 3 chicken bones lying on the plate. His head was down, but his sunglasses had slipped down his nose slightly, revealing his shining dark brown eyes which were staring up at me. I quickly looked away and stopped tapping, trying to find something else to occupy myself with.

When the young man was done eating, which was surprisingly quick since he was so skinny, he wiped his hands on a napkin and then just sat there. I couldn't tell whether he was starting at me since he had fixed his sunglasses all the way back up, but it felt like he was starring, which made me start to blush.

The cafe was mostly empty by now as he cleared his throat. "I guess I should thank you for the meal and introduce myself. And don't worry, I'll pay for the chicken, it's the least I could do." I froze in my spot and blinked a few times. The voice sounded completely different from when he had yelled. And even though I was positive I had never met this person before, for some reason it felt like I recognised his voice. I took a breath to clear my head before I replied. "You’re welcome, but there is no need to pay, I'm fine."

"No, no, I insist."

I wanted to tell him that I could pay, but the complete opposite words slipped out my mouth. "Okay then, thank you. That is very kind."

He flashed me his perfect white smile again and my breath caught in my throat. I almost choked but managed to cover it up with a cough. I quickly introduced myself and put my hand out for a handshake. He took it and I felt a tingle run up my arm through my body. He quickly let go, as if he felt it too. He removed his sunglasses so I got a proper look at his whole face. I gasped.

My lips were trembling as I tried to say something, but nothing came out. "My name is Lee Jinki, but you can call me Onew," he said in that breathtaking voice of his. Now I understood why I recognized that voice so much! And no wonder this man loved chicken so much, because he was Onew! THE Onew! From SHINee!

He continued, "I'm the leader of the contemporary band SHINee, but I guess you already knew that." It took me a few seconds to take this all in; sitting at a table eating chicken with my bias from SHINee, Onew. Then his words soaked in and a confused look came across my face. Lucifer then came on, and

I understood what he meant by 'but I guess you already knew that.'

I blushed a deep red and tried to clear my throat the best I could. "Um...um...I'm a, I'm a really big fan..."

"Yes, I guessed that." He flashed a brilliant smile that made my breath catch in my throat once again. "Thank you for the chicken. I'll pay, and then maybe we could leave and talk some more..?" I quickly nodded my head and he smiled again. "Great!" He got up and went to pay.

I sat there shocked, and had to keep reminding myself to breath. Onew, the Onew from SHINee, had sat right before me eating chicken that I had ordered. And now he's paying for it and then wants to talk, with me!

Pinching myself several times, I knew that this wasn't a dream, but even if it was, I didn't want to wake up.