Girls vs. Boys (13) - Birthday Surprise

Start from the beginning

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at me. "Are you going to be sick or something?"

I forced out a laugh, turning my head away from her so she wouldn't see my red cheeks. Stupid girl, doing this to me... "Nah, of course not. I'm fine."

Jordan looked like she didn't believe me, but brushed it off and forgot about it. Thank goodness for that... She continued to look around in search for her ride, and I knew she just wanted to get away from me. All I wanted was to get closer to her...

A smile broke out onto her face as she looked over my shoulder. I glanced behind, sighing when I saw that Dallas and her brother were in the car that she was looking at. Without even saying another word to her, I slipped away and stalked off so I didn't have to deal with her stupid best friend and brother, who both equally hated me.

I guessed that it was time to finally go to the store to get my mom her crap. I would do whatever made her happy and just shut up...

So I trudged all the way to the store, angry over the fact that I wasn't able to talk to Jordan for that long. That was the sucky part about not going to the same school. Couldn't I just have her for the whole day? It was my birthday...

Lord knows what would happen if I got her to myself for the whole day...

Unmentionable things. That's all I'll say.

Passing the gas station and finally getting to the store, I still wasn't happy about having barely any time with Jordan. But then I was also happy because she remembered my birthday. I really didn't think that she would remember... I mean, I remembered hers, but I was kind of stalking her at the moment.

No. I wasn't a stalker. Was I? I didn't necessarily follow her around or anything... I'd just find her and then talk to her. I didn't leave her any creepy notes, or follow her across the country, or shoot down Dallas when I thought that he was her boyfriend...

But maybe I was a stalker, in my own way. I did love her from afar... But at least I had the guts to go up and talk to her! I wasn't that creepy...

Okay, yes I was.

But you wouldn't blame me if you saw her. She really was the most beautiful person I had ever seen in my entire life, and I had to deal with Erica every day, who practically flaunted her body right in my face. Even in front of Hunter! I can't believe he hadn't figured it out already... But I was glad that he hadn't. My life was still safe.

As I turned the corner of one of the aisles, I rammed right into someone. Luckily, I didn't fall over and I only stumbled back a little bit. I could only wish that it could have been Jordan again, but sadly...

"Whoa, sorry, man!" the person I had bumped into said, straightening himself up only a second after he had knocked into me. "I didn't see you there!"

The guy in question had messy blonde hair that needed a good brush, and eyes that were blue and gleeful. This guy looked like he didn't have a care in the world, and I envied him for that. I definitely had a lot of problems I had to deal with.

"It's alright," I nodded, shoving my hands into my pockets and looking around. The last time I had run into someone, it changed my life forever. But I highly doubt that would have happened with this guy... I mean, come on. It was a dude. "I seem to run into people a lot."

The blonde laughed. "Hah, really? That's hilarious!"

I found myself chuckling, even though I didn't even know why. For some reason I felt it was easy to laugh around this guy, which just didn't make any sense since I had just met him.

"So, what are you doing here?" he asked before I could excuse myself. A little weird, but it wasn't like I was going to be rude or anything.

"Just buying a few things for my mom," I answered, since it was the truth and everything. "My mother always forces me to go out and get things even though I can't drive."