Chapter 9- Superman or Batman??

Comincia dall'inizio

"Batman is better."

"No, Superman is." Just like that we were back into a glaring match and that is how daddy and my brothers found us.

"Are you-"

 "Would y'all quit the glaring match and look at us damnit?!" my dad cut off Berkley bringing Brayden and I out our glaring fit only to turn to them with sheepish smiles on our faces.

"Yes, daddy?" I innocently asked, a crooked smile on my face, the one that has always gotten me out of trouble. I heard Brayden scoff behind me as I called my father 'daddy'. "Shut up, Loverboy." I hissed smacking upside the head before turning back to dad with my crooked smile back in place.

"What the hell were y'all arguing about?" he sighed, rolling his eyes as my eyes sparkled with mischief.

"He thinks Superman is better than Batman." I grumbled at the same time Brayden mumbled, "She thinks Batman is better than Superman."

 "You have got to be kidding me!" I heard Bradley yell from next to Berkley. "You called us all the way down here for that?!"

 "Bradley, son, shut the hell up. Who the hell is standing next you, Blair?" dad asked as if he finally realized that he didn't have any clue who Brayden was.

"Uh daddy, this is Brayden. Brayden this is my dad. The taller more lumberjack looking guy is Berkley and the one with a scowl on his face is Bradley."

"Nice to meet you, sir." Brayden greeted, formally shaking dad's hand before doing the same with each of my brothers. I could tell they were squeezing the hell out of his hand but Brayden never once showed anything to them but the smile that was planted on his inviting lips.

 "What's the real reason you called us down here, Lulu?" Berkley asked, his face set into a grimace as he no doubt went through the possibilities.

 "What the f*ck happened to your face?!" Bradley growled, cutting me off from responding to Berkley, as he noticed the surely now purple bruise on my cheek.

"Why is this young man at your house alone with you?" daddy asked, grimacing as he jumped to conclusions.

"Seth." It was funny how I could answer all three of those questions with one simple word. Two yells of outrage and a string of curse words that would make any sailor proud filled the silence.

 "Why the f*ck was he in your gosh damn house?!" Bradley exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air.

 "Why the hell did he hit you?!" Berkley roared, rage pouring off his body. It wasn't either out bursts or rage that scared me though, it was what my father said next, along with the look on his face.

"I'm going to f*cking kill that son of a b*tch! No one dares hurt my little girl! I am going to rip that piece of sh*t limb from limb until he has felt the pain that he has caused you. I swear he is a dead man!" With all the things coming from his mouth you would have thought it was pure rage egging him on, hell that's what I thought. It wasn't until I saw his face that I realized his words were coming from the pain that my pain had caused him. He thought he failed me by not being able to protect me. I opened my mouth to say something only to stop abruptly as I saw a lone tear fall down daddy's face. I had only ever seen my dad cry once and I was little then. I couldn't believe the sight before me as I looked into the eyes of the strongest man I have ever known and watched him let tears run down his face looking so broken it made my heart clench.

 "Daddy." I whimpered before jumping into his arms and letting him cry on my shoulder and I cried on his.

 "It's okay, sweetheart. You're okay." he whispered into my ear, rubbing circles on the small of my back like he did when I was little.

 "I love you, Daddy, so much." I mumbled into his neck.

"I love you too, sweetie." He replied, kissing the top of my head and letting me down back on my feet. I swiped the tears quickly away from face before turning around to face a shocked Brayden.

"I told you I still jumped into my dad's arms."

 "That you did. I can't believe you weren't lying about it." Brayden chuckled, shaking his head softly. "Are you okay, though?"

"Yeah, I'm good. It was nothing I couldn't handle." I shrugged, smiling softly at him despite everything.

"Does she say that every time she gets hurt?" Brayden asked, turning to my father.

"You bet she does. It's nothing I can't handle daddy. It's only a broken arm. I can handle it daddy. I only fell off a scaffold at your job site." Dad mocked me, talking in a high-pitched voice that sounded nothing like me. All four of the boys burst out laughing as I glared at dad.

"That was so uncalled for." I grumbled stomping my way back to the couch in a childish manner.

 "Oh hush up and stop acting like a child." dad told me, smirking as he probably looked back on my outburst earlier today at his house. I stuck my tongue out at him, trying not to laugh at the look on Brayden's face as he saw me interact with my dad.

 "Is your whole family like this?" Brayden chuckled, shaking his head as dad stuck his tongue out at me in return.

"Yeah, I'm the only normal one. Too bad I can't say the same for my brothers or Pops over here." I retorted chucking my thumb towards where the three most important guys in my life mock glared in my direction.

"If you are considered normal, the whole world is in trouble." Brayden smirked, swinging his arm over my shoulder and giving me a noogie with his other hand making everyone laugh again. I'm just glad today ended on a high note.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just love Blair and her Dad!! So Brayden finally met her dad and brothers...too bad it was under bad circumstances. Comment below and let me know which superhero you prefer...Superman or Batman??? Thanks for reading and remember to VOTE, COMMENT, AND MAYBE GIVE ME ANOTHER FAN;) the more feedback I get, the more motivated I am to upload!!