Chapter 20

I woke up screaming.  Just fucking screaming and I didn't stop.  Pete grabbed me tightly and pinned me to the bed.  He stared at me with worry in his eyes.  Tears streamed down my face.

"He came back for me" I whimpered.  He stared at me out of breath "I'm scared"

"Jesus mother fucking christ Patrick" he whispered. 

"I'm scared" I whispered shaking.  He laid on top of me hugging me as tightly as he could.

"I'll be your armor okay?" he asked.  I gulped "I'm your armor.  I'll protect you" I hugged his waist tightly.  "You're okay.  I'm right here" I actually fell asleep like that.  Praying to god my nightmares would leave me alone.
-----
"No it's not Patrick it's his fiancé.  I'm calling him out of work for today he isn't feeling good.  He's asleep right now" I opened my eyes.  Pete was on my phone "Thanks-" he looked at the phone "For hanging up on me, fucking jackass" he mumbled angrily.  I laughed a little bit.  He looked over at me.  "You're awake" I nodded.  "Are you okay?  Do you want some water?"

"No" I said gently "Why'd you keep me home?"

"You didn't seem too good.  I wanted to keep an eye on you"

"Oh but when you're vomiting and I beg you to stay home you go in two hours late after I let you fuck me" I rolled my eyes. 

"It's different-"

"No" I said.  He sighed.  "This is about my boss isn't it?" He kept his lips tightly shut.  "Oh come on" I got up hobbling out of the room. 

"Patrick" he said.

"You called me out of work to keep me away from my boss.  You're ridiculous.  You're a ridiculous jealous idiot" I grabbed the scotch he kept on top of the fridge.  I needed a drink.  He raised his eyebrow at me. 

"A bit early for that isn't it?" he asked.

"Shut up I never drink and you know it"

"Said the man who drank himself into oblivion when we broke up the first time"

"You want scotch down your pants?" I snapped.  He stared at me "Then shut the fuck up.   And that wasn't breaking up.  That was me telling you I didn't wanna be your submissive anymore.  We weren't dating" He downed the glass and let it burn my throat.  I looked up at him.  I poured another glass and handed it to him.  He stared at it.

"I don't drink this early in the morning"

"Me either" I mumbled.  He sighed and downed it.  Glass after glass.  The bottle was empty.  He tossed the bottle in the trash.  I giggled at him.

"What?" He asked smiling. 

"I feel giggly" I said.  He laughed a little.  He was a quiet sort of drinker.  The alcohol would take it's affect and he would silence himself.  I was the giggly kind.  I liked to laugh.   He smiled and grabbed my hands.  He pulled me into him.  "What're you doing?" I giggled.

"I'm dancing with my future" he said.  He twirled me around but I fumbled and tripped.  He chuckled helping me stay up. 

"You have the ability to be so romantic at times" I said laughing "But then you're so serious" I made a serious face "Like this"

"Am I?" I nodded.

"Brendon says you're scary" I giggled "I don't think you're scary.  I think you're pretty"

"I think you're prettier"

"It think I love you" I laid my head on his shoulder as we swayed.  I hugged his waist tightly.

"I think I love you too" He said. I smiled. This was perfect.
-----
My favorite thing he did was pet my cheek and stare at me like I was the only thing that made his world go round.

"When should we get married?" I asked.

"Now" he mumbled running his fingers down my cheek again. 

"Seriously, like soon, or later" He slowly pressed his lips against mine.  I kissed back until he pulled away "Or now" he kissed me again "Or when you're done trying to get into my pants"

"Mm" he mumbled kissing me harder.  He ran his tongue across my lip.

"Peter" I whined.

"Okay, okay" he said.  I smiled and pecked his lips. 

"I think we should do it soon" I said gently "Just because I really wanna be yours" He kissed the side of my head "And then we can really start planning the future" He kissed my cheek and nibbled "Keep it in your pants" I said pushing him away.  He laughed.

"How about two months?" he asked.

"An exact date please?" I asked.  He smiled.

"Your birthday"