Chapter 12

I put on a nice cardigan and made myself look good.  Texted Brendon I was actually coming.  And then I waited.  He said seven.  I was ready by 6:30.  So I had to wait.  What was I going to say to him?  I'd say 'Thank you for taking me' that's a good way to start.  Then I'd go from there.  I took a deep breath and let it out.  Calm down.  You can do this Patrick.  I texted Brendon nervously.

Me: Bren I'm not sure I can do this

He took a while to respond.  And by a while I mean like five seconds longer than he should've.

Bren: You'll be fine.  He cares.  Love you see you soon

Me: Love you too

I dropped my phone when he knocked at my door.  I knew it was him.  He knocked so formally.  I carefully opened the door.  My mouth went dry.  I don't got this.  Never mind. 

"You look" he whispered "You look amazing" I grabbed his tie fixing it.  It was bothering me.  He smiled down at me. 

"All you ever wear are these damn suits you'd think you could tie a simple tie" I muttered. 

"I could just take the tie off" he said.  Then I recognized what tie it was.  The one he blindfolded me with. 

"No.  And that's strike one" I said.  He smirked.  I shut my door walking with just a little bounce in my step. 

"I know what you're doing" he said.

"Hm?" I asked.  "I'm not doing anything"

"Yes you are, I don't appreciate it much"

"Let's not talk about what we don't appreciate" I snapped.  He grabbed the back of my shirt.  I fell backwards against him. 

"Let's not talk about strikes then either, If I can't do something you can't do it either and I know that includes teasing.  Stop it" He said angrily.

"Fine" I snapped.  We walked side by side to the car I knew he had someone driving for him.  "Whose driving it this time?  Spencer or Taylor?"

"Spencer" He said.  I liked Spencer.  Taylor was bitchy and annoying.  He took me out to eat once when I was keeping him waiting for an answer and it was Spencer.  I had Taylor one of the times he was taking me home.  I sat in the back seat of the car with Pete. 

"Hello Mr. Stump" Spencer said.

"Hi Spencer" I smiled.  He began driving the car.  Pete shut the little window that made us able to talk to Spencer.  He looked over at me.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

"No.  This is for my best friends art show and nothing more" He frowned at me with sadness in his eyes "I've cried too much Peter, I won't do it anymore"

"I cried too" he admitted.  "You look thinner.  You haven't eaten?"

"No" I said.  He placed his hand on my lap.  I jumped away.  He stared at me "Strike two Peter.  Keep going" I snapped. 

"So what I can't touch you?" He asked.

"No.  No you fucking can't"

"Patrick, I went an entire week missing you.  And how you feel and smell and look.  Let me touch you" He grabbed my hand "Let me just touch you" He pressed his lips against my palm.  I wasn't striking him out.  I missed him too.  And maybe I wanted him to touch me.  That sounded wrong.  Maybe I wanted him to touch me in a non sexual way.  I moved closer to him and pressed myself against him.  He ran his fingers through my hair soothingly.  Here it comes.  The tears.  I pressed my head into his neck and sobbed even though I didn't want to.  He hugged me tightly.