Chapter 13

"It smells like alcohol in here" Pete said.  He picked up one of the multiple bottles of vodka I managed to go through.  "Jesus christ" he whispered.  He put the bottle down.  I stared guiltily at the ground.  "Is there more?"

"There's more vodka in the fridge.  And some bottles of beer.  I promise I rarely drink.  It's just-"

"You needed to numb yourself" he said. 

"Yeah" I mumbled.  He picked up the CDs on my table.

"Queens great" He said.

"Yeah" I mumbled.  He went through them some more.

"Elvis Costello?" he asked.  I nodded.  "You have good music taste"

"Thank you" I said. 

"I guess, broken heart music?"

"Something like that.  Just music. Music makes me feel better" He placed my CDs down. 

"You left me" he said.

"Doesn't mean it didn't hurt Peter, I love you.  It was hard to leave you"

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

"For what?" I asked.

"Everything" I went to touch him but pulled my hand back. "I felt really lost. After you left I started pulling shit off the walls. The rooms a mess. Whips and riding crops everywhere. Then I laid in bed unable to sleep for about two days. I had to use the side you slept on to sleep at all. And then I cried. For about three days" I frowned at him. Now I did touch him. I pressed my hand against his shoulder. He shook his head and hugged me tightly. I relaxed in his arms. "I hate myself for putting you through it all. Now the thought of hurting even a hair on your beautiful head makes me want to throw up"

"I'm sorry I left" I whispered.

"I'm not.  It made me realize how much I need you.  I need you, I don't need to be a dominant or to whip someone and hurt them for sexual pleasure.  I just need you" He's basically saying he loves me without using the word love and it's aggravating.  "Patrick" he started.

"Hm?" I asked.  He sighed.

"Never mind.  I have to go, I have work early to make up for the week I wasn't there"

"Can I see you tomorrow?" I asked. 

"Of course.  My doors always open for you" He kissed my forehead "Au Revoir Patrick"

"Goodbye Peter, I-" I stopped myself.  I love you.  But, it hurt when he didn't say it back.  "Goodbye Peter"

"Call me when you wake up" He grabbed his jacket off the chair and left.  What a crazy fucking day.
-----
When I woke up in the morning, I felt better than I had in a really long time.  I grabbed my phone scrolling through the notifications.  No one called or texted.  Thanks guys.  I feel loved.  I dialed Petes number and closed my eyes again with the phone pressed to my ear.

"Good morning beautiful"

"Morning" I mumbled "What're you doing?"

"Not much, why?"

"Mind if I come bother you for a little?  Then I have a lunch date with Brendon"

"I don't mind.  See you soon.  I'll tell them to just let you in so you're not hounded by security"

"Okay"

"Bye"

"Bye" I hung up.  I quickly showered and brushed my teeth extremely thoroughly.  Hey, it's Pete Wentz.  Who knows what'll happen.  I combed my hair back then got dressed.  I picked the best skinny jeans I owned and the Queen T shirt I owned just because he complimented Queen yesterday.  After all that, I grabbed my phone and got in my car.  I checked myself continuously in the mirror.  I had my glasses on my nose because I didn't feel like putting contacts in.  I even put chapstick on.  Again, you never know.  My shitty car was going to look so out of place there.  I sighed starting the engine then drove to Wentz Enterprises.
-----
The woman who led me up before led me up again.  Ashlee.  Very nice woman.