Chapter 1-Clarabel

Start from the beginning

"Wait...don't hang up...Luke...are we doing the right thing? You know with this marriage?"

He takes a deep breath, and I know he has the same feelings about it as I do. If we weren't forced into this marriage I think we could've actually been really good friends.

"We both know we aren't, but we have to go and do it anyway."

"I know...Have a safe flight."

"You take care of yourself."

I finally arrive at work, dripping wet and I see Pixie being all excited. She is one of the most relaxed people I've ever got the chance to be around. And different. She is dating a musician and they have this relaxed approach regarding things. Well, he isn't a musician just yet, but he is getting there. One day...

"You look like you've been hit by a car...is everything okay?", she asks me, tempering her grin a bit.

"The usual."

"Well I have something that will cheer you up. Two front row tickets to my all time favourite band. It's an intimate gig at The Academy. They finally arrived today. It felt like forever."

"Why don't you take Dan with you?"

"I've told him that I wanted a girls night out. And by the looks of it you need a bit of cheering up."

"I don't think I will fit in. I don't even know what band you're talking about to start with.", I said while lifting my hair up in a bun.

"Thirty Seconds to Mars. And you will fit in perfectly."

"Ok...so when is this concert?"
"In five days. You will love it. Front row seats, the best view of three smoking hot guys."

"If you say so..."

"Clara, stop being so grumpy."

"I can't. I spent the last two hours looking at napping in various shades of white. I didn't even know there were so many shades of white."

"And you lived to tell the tale...God, your life sounds like it's cut from those posh magazines."

"Which one? The House From Hell?"

"You described Luke as being the perfect guy, what's the problem then?"

"We don't love each other that's the problem...We would be the best of friends, but neither of us is ready for marriage. I mean I'm twenty six and he is thirty. We still have a lot to live and see."

And that was the end of the conversation. Pixie knew better than to stir things up.

The day ended without any major incidents. I got back to my apartment and I was actually looking forward to going to a concert. I have never been to concerts. I don't know what it's like to get drunk and wake up with a hangover, I don't know what it's like to fantasise about something you love, I don't know the anticipation of a show, singing along with your favourite artist. I was born with everything. I was taught that a lady would never do normal stuff, that a lady is supposed to know about art, classical music, gardening, literature.

As a child I used to enjoy music and art in general. It was my escape. I used to yearn for all the long hours of piano and violin and growing up I started taking photography lessons without my parents knowing. I slowly became very good at it.