Part 14

Aaliyah POV

Where am I? Am I dead? Is this heaven, is this what heaven looks like? Like a mansion? Weird, thought it would be more, you know, white. I tried to sit up but, I couldn’t. What happened, how did I get here. I heard the a door open and somebody walked in. Actually two people.

“ Will she ever wake up?”, a voice way to familiar

“ David, she's strong.”

“ Mom. I. Why, why she run away?”

“ Maybe something she heard something she should have. Remember when you heard that your father was going to war. You ran away, or so you thought.”

“ That was because I didn’t want him to go.”

“ But your father didn’t understand, but you did.”

“ You did too.”

“ I know because I had done the same thing, when I was your age.”

“ Well now I know why dad always said you got it from your mother.”

She laughed, “ yes I know, when you were born he always said that I would be just like you. He knows too much.”

Dad and my grandmother, I tried to move my body. The bed made a creaky sound, they both looked up. Dad eyes widen, “ buttercup.”, he breathed

He rushed over to me, “ buttercup, y-your okay. How do you feel. Does anything hurt. Do you need help-”

“ David.”

“ Mom what I-”

“ She cant talk, not with the wounds she has.”

“ But she'll talk again, right?”

My grandmother hesitated, “ yes.”

“ Mom!”, dad yelled

“ What?”

“ Don’t lie to me.”

“ Fine I don’t know David, all the medic say was that her wounds were bad. He didn’t even know if she would make it.”

“ So, that means...” dad started

“ I don’t know David. Give it time.”

Dad put his head in his hands. Dad has been there for me, even if he wasn’t there for half of my life. But now I had to be there for him, even if I was, you know, hurt. I had to learn how to talk again for. Because that how you love. I reached form his hand and took it in mine. I saw my grandmother smile.

“ David you don’t have to worry about a thing. You got your little girl beside you.”

Dad kissed the top of my head, “ I love you buttercup.”

I nodded in response and we sat there. Just like a normal family. Now if Haley was here and my mother?

….......................

I fell asleep a few minutes ago, when I heard the door open. I dint want to open my eyes, I had just closed them. I heard them sit down.

“ Ali.”

I could feel my mind going crazy. There are only two people that call me Ali. Drew or Alice. Since Alice is still in Cali, my guess would be Drew. So it was true. ( A/N: See what I did there Drew and True. But I didn’t do it on purpose. I swear.) He was here, what is he doing here.

“ Ali I know you care hear me. You father said that you went to sleep a few minutes ago. So you cant be that far into it.”

Wow, he really know me. I opened my eyes and looked at him. I stared into those brown eyes, those eyes that I had fallen in love with all those years ago. Yes, I love Drew. I have always, but I never told him. I didn’t want to ruin our relationship, we had it so well. People sometimes asked us if we were related. We were that close to each other. I thought I could trust him, but looked what happened. He's not even human, then why didn’t he tell me about him. Tears filled my eyes and Drew seemed to seem to sense what was going on.