Part 10

The next morning dad packed everything. He put everything in the car and we did last minute things. I had just packed a bag and was walking out of the door. Dad was talking to someone on the phone, when he saw me he smiled.

“ She's right here. Okay.”

He handed me the phone, I took it answering it.

“ Hello?”

“ Hey Ali.”

“ Alice!”

“ How you doing?”

“ Good.”

“ Dad says that you are going to his wolf pack.”

“ Yeah, I am a little scared.”

“ Hey don’t worry dad will protect you and I have a feeling that he might like you.”

“ How do you know?”

“ I said I have a feeling, not that I could predict the future.”

I smiled, “ well do you if I get to visit Drew again.”

“ I said have a feeling, which probably means that I don’t know.”

“ So that's a no?”

“ Did I ever say no?”, she asked me

“ No.”

“ Then okay.”

“ So...”

“ Ali, you get the point. Have fun on the trip.”

“ Bye Alice see you soon.”

“ Oh and Ali, try not to get kill.”

“ Hey!”, I yelled at her

She laughed and ended the call. I smiled and turned the phone off. I looked up and saw dad smiling at me.

“ So this Drew you talk about.”

“ Dad he's just a friend.”

“ I know, I just wanted to know what he does for you.”

I was quiet, there are a lot of things Drew has done for me. But there was one thing that I really admire.

“ He kept me strong and if I needed to get away from mom. He would sneak me out of the house,and help me to get back on my feet.”

I looked down, “ I remember one day mom had gotten me really upset. That I didn’t know what to do. I just wanted to be done with it. So I cut myself dad, a-and Drew came to check up in me and found me. It's like he knew, something was wrong. I wasn’t fully unconscious yet but I could hear Drew telling me it was going to be alright. When I got of the hospital, Drew was by my side every step of the way. I knew mom didn’t like him, but she didn’t care. All he wanted was me to be safe and sound. Funny its like he was suppose to be there, its like somebody sent him to protect me.”

I looked up at dad, his face was unreadable. He pick up my arm and look at the scars that were left.

“ Buttercup...”

“ Daddy, I am-”

Dad engulfed me into his arms.

“ I am so sorry buttercup, I-I should never left you. Why didn’t you call me.”

“ That;s the thing that made me cut myself. I want to talk to you, but she didn’t daddy. She didn’t want me talking to you.”

“ Well know I can see why this Drew is your friend. He helped you though everything.”