part 5

When i woke up we were at a house. Danny was moving things inside of it. I opened the door and walked out. " Aaliyah, your awake, go help Danny.", my mom said. The moment she turned around i rolled my eyes.

" Did dad call.", i asked

Mom looked at me, " yes."

On the outside, i just gave a small smile, in the inside i was screaming for joy. Dad was coming to see us, i was going to see dad again. Alice looked at me and smiled, but i turned away and started to unpack the car.

Later we unpack and ate. Just then dad pulled up. I didn’t know it was him first, until he walked into the house. I was on my way to my new room when he called my name. " Aaliyah."

I turned around and saw him standing there. "Dad?" I ran into his arms. I almost fell down the stairs running to him

“ Daddy, I missed you.”

“ I missed you too buttercup.” Buttercup is dad's nickname for me. When he got tried of calling me Aaliyah, he called me buttercup.

“ When did you get here?”

“ Just got here. When your mother said that you guys were at the new house, I drove over here to see you butter cup and the rest.”

I hugged him again, now I can live my life, without anyone telling me what to do. I got dad right beside me now. This is what I always wanted. Then mom walked in, the moment she saw us, I could sense something was going to happen.

“ Aaliyah don’t you have packing to do?”

“ Yeah, but mom-”

She cut me off, “ no but mom, get up to your room and unpack.”

“ Mom-”

“ Aaliyah.”, mom said in a warning voice.

“ Buttercup why don’t you go up and pack. I will see you tonight.”

“ Tonight?”, I asked

“ I taking the whole family out for dinner.”

“ Will Haley be there?”

Dad smiled, “ She will be there at the restaurant.”

“ Were going to a restaurant! I get to taste California food.”

Dad laughed , “okay buttercup go unpack.”

I gave him a nod and a smile and went to my room. I got to my room and was about to close the door, when I heard mom and dad fighting.

“ You could at least treat her like a human being.”

“ We all know shes not a human being David.”

“ She more human than you Catherine.”

“ Why I don’t I go tell her that shes not human.”

“ You dare pop that bubble I will kill you.”

“ You cant kill me David, Aaliyah would never forgive you.”

“ I don’t know about that, I mean the way you treat her, she could be secretly plotting your down fall.”

“ If she would try to kill me, I would have killed her first.”

“ Don’t you lay a hand on her. Leave her alone, she doesn’t need to know yet. Leave it at that, please Cat. Just for me.”

“ Fine, but if you ever threaten me like that again. I promise David, I will expose her to our world.”

I closed the door, and sat on my bed. Their wold, bubble, don’t tell Aaliyah. What is going on, dad is hiding something. Maybe this had to do with mom and all the weird things. I picked up a box and started unpacking. What is going on. I looked at a picture at me and dad. I thought I knew who he was, know all I know hes hiding something from me. I looked back at my box and kept unpacking.

…......

I put on some lipstick and my black heels on. I opened my door and walked down stairs. Every one was already down stairs.

“ Finally.”, said Danny, “you take forever just to put a little clothes on.”

“ I am a girl Danny, I will take forever sometimes.”

He rolled his eyes and walk out the door. Mumbling about some word I wish not to repeat. We all got in the car and drove to the restaurant.

When we got there, dad was waiting for us. I got out the car first and walked over to dad. He saw me and opened his arms. I walked right into them, “ hi dad.”, I said burring my head in his shoulder.

“Hi buttercup, did you finish unpacking?'

“ Yeah, all done.”

He smiled and kissed my forehead, then I felt his body tense. I turned around to see mom and Danny and my sister walking towards us. I turned to dad, his eyes were on mom. Then I remembered the talk mom and dad had. I tensed up too, dad must had sensed it.

“ Whats wrong buttercup?”

“ Nothing.”

He looked at me, but didn’t say a word. They reached us, “ David.”

“ Catherine.”

We all just stood there for a while, until dad broke the silence.

“ Okay why don’t we go and have some dinner.” We all agreed and walked into the restaurant where we had dinner. What we didn’t know that something strange was about to happen.