Promises--writing prompt

Write for 8 minutes on, "Promises

Write for 8 minutes on, "Promises."

What I wrote:

I made a promise to everyone, one I wanted so dearly to keep. But how was I supposed to when I was so far sheltered from the events I needed to prevent, the ones I needed to change.

I made a promise to myself, a new one. That I would stay alive. That's all I wanted now. Not to save everyone, I want to save myself. It was a horrible thought, but I didn't want to have to stay here in this horrible place, tortured for being on the other side.

I made a promise to him, that I would marry him one day. I wanted that. I loved him dearly. but the war was splitting us up. Being kidnapped was not what I had in mind, especially not now. For some reason, the war didn't seem as real, as if it were a story. It stayed that way until they grabbed me.

I made a promise to them, silence would be my answer. I would not give in a single cry to them of what we were planning and what I knew. And if I am to die, I would want the master mind himself to do it. I wanted the leader of the war, the feul of the fire to kill me. I wanted to keep my head up with pride as he puts forth another death. That would be my legacy.

I basically wrote about a solider being kidnapped and reflecting on his promises and making new ones.

Comment what you write here!