Chapter 30 | The PLAN

'I'm giving you until tomorrow to decide'

Her horrendous words keep echoing through my head. I can't under any circumstances hand over half of my father's passion and hard work for a crime that I haven't committed.

I walk downstairs to the pool room to find Sid practicing on his own.

"What did she say?"

"S-She's threatened me..."

"About what?"

"She said that if I don't hand over 50% of DD industry, she will take legal action against us!"

"But you didn't even do anything!!"

"Exactly...She is clearly framing me!"

"But why would she do all that to you? I mean after your close friendship?"

"I am simply clueless Sid...I don't know what to do! And on the top of everything, Diya and I fought..."

"Relax man!!  think that you should tell Diya everything....I mean she is your wife after all."

"You are right...I'll tell her everything as soon as possible!"

That same afternoon

Author's POV

Diya walks up to Sid.

"Sid....I wanted you ask you something.."

"Sure Diya"

"Um...Do you have any idea who....um...who this P-Pihu is?"

Sid's face went blank.

"N-No.....Diya...I don't know who Pihu Banerjee is " he lied.

"But Sid...mai ne to Pihu Banerjee kaha hi nahi....mai ne to sirf Pihu kaha tha!! (But sit I never said Pihu Banerjee, all I said was Pihu)!"

Sid couldn't meet Diya's questioning eyes.

"So you do know Pihu Banerjee....Don't you?"

Sid nodded in a yes.

"So tell me na Please!! Dev has been acting highly suspicious these days!! and this morning I overheard him talking to someone about her!! PLEASE Sid!! Tell me what's been going on!!"

"Diya...I don't know everything, all I know is that Pihu Banerjee's brother committed suicide a few weeks ago....and now she has filed a case against him. I also know that Pihu and Dev used to be good friends, in fact her brother also worked in our company. But he started to smuggle drugs in our trucks so Dev kicked him out. After all this, Pihu ended her friendship with Dev. She called Dev this morning to threaten him. She said that if Dev doesn't give her 50% of the company, she will be getting him arrested."

"Hey bhagwan!! (OMG) Itna kuch hogaya aur Dev ne mujhe bataya hi nahi? (So many things happened, and Dev didn't even tell me)?"

Diya rushed over to Dev to confront him.

"Dev Pihu banerjeee kaun hai (Who is Pihu Banerjee?)" she asked him straight away.

"Tumhe kaise pata (How do you know)" he asked a little shocked.

"Sid has told me everything Dev..."

Dev didn't have an answer. but somewhere, he was glad that Sid had told Diya...there was no way he would have been able to tell Diya about all this.

*At Khanna house*

"Hello Papa?" Aryan spoke hysterically. "Did you get the news?"