Chapter 5 | The Interview

*Diya's house*

"Tu ne bilkul theek kiya beta...Mujhe to voh Arjun bilkul passand nahi hai (you did the right thing dear...I don't like that Arjun a bit)" Mrs Khanna finally speaks.

"Nahi ma...Arjun bura nahi hai...mujhe hi dar lagta hai...especially Dev wale incident ke baad (No mom...Arjun isn't a bad guy...I'm feeling scared after the dev incident)" Diya explains.

"Mera to relationships se vishwas hi uth gaya hai...tere papa ko hi le lo...Aaj tak dukh ke iilawa kuch diya ha uno ne humko (I don't even believe in relationships any more...Take your father for example...he has given us nothing but grief" Mrs Khanna speaks painfully.

"Kya ma...Purani baato ko yaad kur ke kya milega (Mom...What will we gain from talking about our past)?" Diya Says with a tear forming in her eyes.

They remain silent for a few minuets trying to eat.

"Tujhe late nahi ho raha....Aaj interview hai na teri (aren't you getting late...you have an interview today right?" Mrs Khanna changes the topic holding in her tears.

"Oh ha...Mai to bhool hi gayi thi...mai ready ho kur aai (Oh yes...I completely forgot about it...I'll get ready now.)" Diya springs up from the table and runs towards her room.

Diya looks at the clock and realises that it's already nine and her interview was at twelve. Rushing to the bathroom she strips of her cloths waiting for the water to go warm. Jumping  in the warm shower, she begins to dance around.

She doesn't realise that on the floor was a bar of soap and slips banging her forehead onto the shower screen.  

"Shit...Shit...Shit" Diya cursed.

Diya's POV

I am such an idiot...why on earth was I dancing in the shower? I look in the mirror and find a round purple bruise on my fore head!!!

Fish...why is this day turning into my nightmare!!!

"Diya beta...Sab theek hai na (Diya dear...is everything okay)?" I hear ma shout from downstairs.

"Ha Ma...billi thii (Yes mom...It was a cat)" I lie.

Should I tell her??? No ways...She's a huge drama queen and will get way too worried!!! Plus I'll get the huge lecture about being careful...I really don't have time for that!!

 I know...I'll cover it with my fringe...But that will mean that I'll have to leave my hair open...Yuck!!! Oh well...I don't really have a choice now!!

I quickly straighten my hair and cover my bruise with makeup (which didn't really help) and my fringe. One last look in the mirror and I leave.

Downstairs, I find ma waiting for me. "Itni der lagti hai kya ready hone me (does it really take this long to get ready)?" Mom questions.

"Sorry" I say an quickly go to her an touch her feet. "Good luck" she says while scooping a spoon full of sugar and yoghurt and stuffing it into my mouth. "Ma" I groan as she begins to clean off the yoghurt with her spit.

"Okay bye" I yell rushing out the door. "Bye beta!!" she yells back.

I jump into my brand new, Purple two-wheeler. Oh I love this vehicle so much. especially the fact that it is fuel efficient and doesn't harm the environment. Putting my helmet on securely, I zoom off. 

The job interview is for an accountant in the renowned company  DD and sons

The job interview is for an accountant in the renowned company  DD and sons. I've heard that the CEO of the company Mr D Dixit (I don't know is full name yet) is an arrogant and cold hearted man. He had to take over his father's business when he died four years ago.

 I haven't really seen a picture of him but roughly have an image in my mind. I feel that he is a wrinkled grumpy middle aged man...at the end of the day, I know that I am qualified for this job and will certainly get it.

 I just hope he isn't the one who is going to interview me !!!

*Skip the rest of the ride*

Author's POV

Diya reaches the half an hour early and heads towards the front office.

"Hello Mam...how could I help you today," the receptionist asks Diya. "Hi there, My name is Diya Khanna and I'm here for the accountant's interview," Diya replies.

"Yes mam...it's on the fifth floor," she replies. "Great...thanks," Diya thanks her and gets to the fifth floor by lift.

There she finds four men (all in their middle ages) patiently waiting.

Diya's POV

Oh Shit...How could I forget that this is a male dominant industry...There is no way that you are going to get this job Diya. I walk over, trying to avoid the nasty glares I was getting from the men and sit in the deserted row away from everyone.

Just then, to my relief I heard a familiar high pitched female voice behind me.

 "Diya!!!" she shouted.

----------------------------------------------------------------

❤❤❤So...How Was It??????🎊🎆✨

First of all...This is the longest chapter that I've written so all of you should congratulate me on this 👏(just kidding)😂

Diya Is finally going for an interview...Do you think she'll get the job or will her dreams of becoming an accountant get crushed.😭😭 And who is the CEO of the company😤. What will happen in the next chapter??? To find out keep reading PLEASE.

Please, Please, Please comment and VOTE if you liked this chapter and I shall see you guys next time....

Until then 😤

❤❤ Dillwali Out ❤❤