Chapter 23 |The First Night

Dev's POV

I take Diya upstairs to my room and I can see her eyes getting droopy again. I won't let her fall asleep so easily!! She has to answer all of my questions!!

Diya's POV

My eyes begin to droop on the way to Dev's room. I sigh in relief thanking god that nothing awful happened tonight. Dev pushes the door open with his shoulder and enters with me. Finally sleep!!!

His room was passionately decorated with red and white roses. he carries me to his bed...and instead of placing me down with respect....he slams me down (Not too hard of course) leaving me in shock.

"Oww De-" I begin but he shuts me up with his palm.

"Shut up!!"

He walks towards door and slams it close locking it.  

"Dev!!" I almost shout trying to recover from my aching foot. "What the he-"

"Just Quit the nonsense Diya," he says coldly staring into my eyes. "Just tell me the truth!!"

"The truth?" I question as if I didn't know what he was on about.

"Yes Diya the Truth!! What made you change your mind about getting married??"

Should I tell him? No....he's going to think that I'm an idiot to believe in Arjun again!! I will not under any circumstances tell Dev!!

"and more over what the hell made you purposefully smash a vase on your foot?"

"I've told you Dev!! I was going to run away with Dhruv!! and if you don't want to believe me then I really cant do much about it!!"

"Does that mean that you love Dhruv and not me?"

Here we go again...I swear one lie leads to numerous lies!!!

"Yes." my inside start crying to this.

I can't meet his cold glaze any more!! I decide to go and change in the bathroom where the servants had already placed my cloths and makeup removal stuff.  The only problem was....how will I move?

I wiggle to the side of the bed and with a little support from the bed sides I stand up on my good foot. Resting my hurt foot onto the bed, I remove the bandages that were drenched in blood.

This whole time Dev was staring at me with cold expressions. I see the wounds and realise that they weren't bleeding anymore.

With no other option left, I hop into the bathroom. Before closing the door I give one last glance at Dev and get drowned in guilt!!

I slam the door shut behind me and start crying.

Dev's POV

Does she really love that Dhruv??? I don't know why I can still see love in her eyes for me!!! Maybe there is something that she isn't telling me!! I don't have a clue on what's going on in this girl's mind!!

I get changed in the ensuite and lay back into my bed waiting for Diya to come back out of the shower. after about an hour Diya comes out of the bathroom wearing a pink mickey mouse set of shorts and singlet. Her hair was dripping and I could see that she had been crying this whole time.

Why do I know Diya so well?? Moreover, why do I love Diya so much??

I see her walk into the ensuite wardrobe from my bed. She seems a little shocked to see her cloths already hung up on the racks.

 She seems a little shocked to see her cloths already hung up on the racks

 My eyes travel down to her foot which had doubled in size by now. her limping walk indicated how much pain she was in!! I just can't see Diya in even a little pain!!! Her wounds always hurt me far more than they hurt her!!

Diya's POV

My foot throbs in pain as I walk around the ensuite discovering where my cloths have been kept. I look down to my foot and it was purple and swollen. I sit on the couch in the ensuite to have a better look at it!!

I can't dare to look at Dev now. I know exactly what is going on in his mind and I really don't want him to know the truth.

Coming back to my foot, I observe the fact that it had almost doubled in size!! This can't be good!!!

Sparks go down my spine as a large and warm hand grips onto my shoulder. I lift my head up to discover that it was DEV!!!

"You Okay?" his sweet and kind voice concerns.

Does it look like I'm okay??? Jesus...people just have to ask the obvious don't they.

I nod my head in a yes....quiet obviously lying. I try standing up but my foot refused to compromise. 

"Ow" I yelp as the pain worsens.

Dev doesn't waist a second in taking me in his arms!! he carries me back to his....I mean our bed and lays me down softly.

he walks to the cupboard and pulls out a first aid kit.

My blisters sting as he rubs the ointment onto my foot. Just Dev's touch sends my feelings insane.

His eyes travel back up to mine once he finishes. He stares at me for a moment....obviously trying to read me.

"Diya...do you love me?"

Gee Random much??

"DO you Diya?" 

"I've told you before Dev.....I don't Love you!!!"

"But your eyes tell be a different story!!"

"I don't Dev!!"

"Then why do I have an effect on you?" He says gripping his hands onto my waist.

"I...I...D-Don't!!" (Lie)

I Do!!! Because I love him!!! And always will!! The simplest touch of his creates a fuzzy feeling inside me.

"Why does my touch send shivers down your body?" he continues moving closer. I place my hands on his chest and try pushing back....but his strength is no match to mine.

"Why can I hear your heart race to my touch??? Why Diya??"

He moves closer and closer until I was completely pinned to the bed.

"Dev...move!!" I whisper pretending to find all this uncomfortable.

"Stop acting Diya....I know you too well!!" he smirks into my ears and then presses his lips onto mine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few!!!

They FINALLY got married!!!

Diya has finally discovered that Arjun was not serious about all that shit and that she just smashed a vase onto her foot for no apparent reason!!!

Dev and Diya's relation is about to change drastically!!

What do you think will happen next?? Will their misunderstandings EVER part??? Will Arjun come back for revenge....or will there be a new antagonist (villain) in the story???

to find out Wait for the next chappy!!! And please Please Please VOTE and comment your views!!!

I LOVE reading all the comments (even if I necessarily don't reply to them!!)

Until Next time....

❤❤Dillwali Out!!❤❤

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤