Chapter 29 | Dev's Tension....

Author's POV

#Beep, Beep, Beep#

The alarm clock shakes Diya to life.

"Dev..." she rubs the sleep out of her eyes.

"Dev,"

No one replies and she finds herself in alone in the room again.

Diya's POV

I can't believe it!! It's only 5 o'clock and this man is nowhere to be seen! Dev is definitely hiding something from me. And I'm definitely going to find out!!

Full of determination, I slip on a night gown and walk outside the room. I can hear Dev standing in the kitchen of our villa, talking to someone.

"....And you let him?! I can't believe that you let a dangerous criminal like Arjun out on bail for good behaviour!!" He raged.

Wait.....Arjun is released???!!! No....This can't be happening, my worst nightmare is coming back for me. I tremble as everything sinks in.

"WHAT!? NO.....THIS CAN'T BE TRUE" Dev shouts again.

"FOR SIX BLOODY MONTHS!!! Do you have ANY idea on what he has planned to do to Diya and I? Forget me, I don't care about myself....But Diya? After all she has faced, I don't think she deserved another shock!"

Six months!!! He won't spare me now!! I'm going to die very soon!!!

"And on the top of that....Pihu is back!!"

Wait who is Pihu?

"I really don't want to tell Diya about all this!! What will she think of me..."

What is dev on about?? I walk inside the kitchen and give him a confused look.

"Diya?" he trembles.

"Is everything okay??" I pretend that I haven't heard his previous conversation.

"Ha...Oh yea...nothing you need to stress about."

His eyes were telling a different story. The way his eyes repelled from mine indicated something much worse than Arjun being released.

"Mai toh bas yeh kahane aai thi, ki mai tumse bahot pyar karti hu (I just wanted to say that I love you heaps!!)" I say gripping him from the back.

He sighs as though I had taken tons worth of stress from his shoulders with this simple move.

"Mai tumse bad me baat karta hu (i'll talk to you later)" he says ending the call.

I know that Dev is definitely hiding something from me, it's just hard to tell what.

Dev's POV

Oh Diya...I wish I could have told you all this before our marriage!! I wish I knew all this before our marriage!! That way, you wouldn't have had suffer.

"Diya...I want to tell you something," I begin shaking a little.

"Bolo na Dev (Tell me Dev)"

No!! I can't tell Diya all this!!

"I love you!" I say giving her a hug.

"Dev are you sure that's all you wanted to say?"

"Yes Diya....I'm just stressed about work these days."

She wasn't satisfied with this statement.

"Dev....is there anything that you are hiding from me?"