"Oh, and Stiles is a merman." She adds.

"Wait, what?" I ask in confusion. How on earth did she know that? I highly doubt Stiles would have told her.

"Oh, well, my parents gave me lessons about the ocean, as we lived on land for the majority of my life. I've been on land since I was two. Anyway, I learned about the royalty in several kingdoms. Atlantia, the kingdom Stiles came from, just happened to be one of them." Samantha shrugs.

"Did you know about Stiles?" She asks me.

"Uh, yes, I found out a little while ago." I nod.

"So he didn't tell you for a long time? Years even?" Samantha questions me curiously.

"Well, no, but he had his reasons, which were understandable." I say in defence of my best friend. Sam shrugs again.

"Um, I guess I've got something to tell you as well." I begin uncertainly, hoping that Samantha won't freak out.

"And what's that?"

"Well, I'm a werewolf. So is Liam and Isaac. There is a man named Derek who is also a werewolf. You haven't met him yet. He's a bit older than us, so he's not in school. Malia is a werecoyote. Kara is a mermaid, Kira is a kitsune and Lydia is a banshee." I say quickly. Samantha blinks twice before responding.

"Wow, that's a lot to take in," Sam comments as she runs her hands through her hair.

"I thought I was the most interesting creature out there." She laughs.

"You are." I assure her as I kiss her on the cheek.

"Thanks. Is there anything else you need to know?" Sam asks.

"Well, Stiles, Kara, Lydia, Kira, Isaac, Liam, Malia, Derek and I are a pack. I'm kind of the leader. We work together when there's a monster in Beacon Hills and stuff like that. We are also really good friends. We're more like family. Kara is quite a recent addition though." I explain.

"That's cool," Samantha grins.

"Yeah, it is." I agree with a nod.

"Do you think I could be a part of the pack?"

"Do you want to be?" Samantha nods her head eagerly.

"Well, I think it would be great if you joined, but it depends on what everyone else thinks too. I don't like to make decisions without everyone else unless I absolutely have to." I admit truthfully.

"Oh. Well, I guess most people would say yes. Maybe Stiles won't though." Samantha sighs sadly.

"That reminds me. What is going to happen between you two? Do you think you will be able to resolve whatever problems you have?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm sure we can. As for the things he was arguing about with you earlier, maybe he's just thinking from his biased perspective. You have to admit, a lot of people do that these days. Even though the things he said weren't necessarily true, Stiles thought they were. He came to you with the best intentions, trying to look out for you. He's quite protective of you, I must say. I think you're lucky to have him as a friend. Stiles is obviously lucky to have you as a friend too." Samantha smiles comfortingly. "Really?" I ask hopefully.