Flowers

Gerard's P.O.V

      I was walking in the garden near the hospital when my phone rang, it was Mikey. When I answered Mikey sounded like he had when Three Cheers became a huge record, "Gerard i'm in love" he squeiled. "Oh my god did she say yes!?" I asked, his voice faltered "not exactly" he said. He stammered out a story about how Pete had confessed his love to Mikey and Kristin kicked him out and Pete was his boyfriend now. "Mikey fucking Way, seriously" I said, I had always know that Mikey liked Pete and come on Pete wrote songs about Mikey all the time. "Also where the fuck are you" he asked, "My boyfriend got hit by a bus in Sydney Australia" I said "WHAT" he yelled. I told Mikey my story. "wow, thats so cool, well except for Frank getting hit by a bus. Listen I gotta go, Pete wants to show me his recording studio. Bye" he said "bye" I said back. I put my phone away and noticed a patch of wild flowers, I picked some for Frank (and some to put in his hair) and headed back to the hospital. When I got there I saw Jamia standing by Frank's bed with his kids, Cherry, Lily and Miles. "Hey kids, hey Jamia" I said, all four turned to look at me "Uncle Gerard? what are you doing here" Miles said, they had always called me Uncle Gerard and Bandit called Frank Uncle Frank thats just how it was. "Same thing as you" I said putting half the flowers in the vase on the table and the rest next to it "visiting Frank"I finished giving all three kids a hug at once. "How old are you kids anyways?" I asked, "me and Cherry are 18 and Miles is 14" Lily said. "You kids are big, how are you Jamia?" I asked "fine, how are you?' she said "fine" I said. Miles cleared his throat awkwardly, "dad, I have something I need to say" he said, "Miles no, you'll get over this. It's just a silly phase" Jamia said grabbing his shoulder. He pulled away "MOM STOP I NEED TO SAY THIS" he yelled, he took a deep breath "dad i'm......i'm gay" he said looking scared. Frank sat up "come here Miles" he said, Miles walked over to him and Frank hugged him. "Miles i'm really proud of you for having the guts to say that, you know I have similar news" he said, oh boy here it comes "Gerard is my boyfriend" he said, well fuck. Jamia lost it, "FRANK YOU ARE TOO OLD FOR THIS CHILDISH BEHAVIOR, YOU ARE A BAD INFLUENCE ON OUR KIDS" she yelled. Helena, who had been sitting in the corner drawing sprang up, "leave, the kids can stay but you have to leave, now" she said with a voice of steel. Jamia stopped her foot, told the kids they had 15 minutes and left the room.    

Frank's P.O.V 

   After the kids had left Gerard started making me a flower crown, how he knew how to make a flower crown I didn't know. I was very proud of Miles for coming out, it took lots of courage. Gerard sat next to me and put the finished flower crown on my head, "I talked to the doctor and he said you can get out of here in two weeks" he said. I groaned "two weeks, really" I said, Gerard sighed "Frank you can barely move, two weeks is more than reasonable" he said kissing me gently, "fine" I said.