Chapter 29

Ah! Sorry for the late update!

Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel something cool brush against my cheek and my eyes snap open. With a gasp, I bolt to a sitting position, the white blanket pooling into my lap.

"Huh, didn't think that would work." A woman's voice says. I look to my left to see a squat little blonde with white scrubs on and a little hat with the red cross. The woman writes something down and then beams at me, "Good morning Ms. Sunray. I hope you are feeling better. I will send in your mother and Annabelle to see if they will let you go. Meanwhile, I'll leave you two alone." She picks up a little box and smiles, continuing to blabber, "I figured you know each other or are close to each other. Maybe boyfriend and girlfriend? He hasn't left your side the whole day! Not even to eat. I mean the only god ever gentlemanly enough to do that is a mate, usually, but hey, it could just be a fling for you two love birds—"

"Mrs. R!" A deep voice says patiently.

The nurse witch shakes her head, "Sorry. I shall go now!" She quickly walks away.

I look right towards that cool, husky, masculine voice. My throat closes, "Haden." I whisper. There was the school's top playboy, sitting next to my hospital bed. I feel his soft fingers brush over the top of my hand, the same brush that woke me. I look down in shock. His hand was holding mine.

I squeeze my eyes shut, pulling out my hand and placing in my lap. Just a dream. He doesn't care. Just a dream.

"Oh my little girl!" Calls my mother and next thing I know is that I am pressed into a squishy body. "Arg!" I cry, and slip out of her lung-crushing arms. "Mother! Hi! Mother! Please! I'm fine!"

The beautiful witch Annabelle glides in, almost as if she was floating. "You were not yesterday."

"Wh-what happened?"

A flash of the wall shooting me away, shocks through my head and I hiss, clutching my head. I notice a white arm bandage wrapped around my upper arm.

Annabelle tilts her head. "I think you remember my dear."

"Wh-what? H-how? I mean... I thought we got rid of magic? I thought that as a mortal I already have access!"

Annabelle shakes her head, "You, my dear, had access, but your father's tracking devices did not. We have to operate quickly to remove the device in your arm and on one of your teeth so that we would get you inside and revive you. Of course, it worked but that is why your arm is in bandages."

My mother sits onto my bed, "We did the same thing to Caleb, but he also had a tracking device in his wing that amplified in power after the 'shock' that almost had me killed... Caleb... well... he still hasn't awoken."

"Why did I wake up now?" I question, "He's a god. He must recover faster than me!"

Annabelle sighs and looks to Haden who was now silently watching me from the shadows, unmoving, unemotional. Yet, in his eyes, relief, just barely, shows through. Annabelle answers, "I don't think it was a self-recovery which had you wake up. I'm pretty sure it was Haden."

So someone a person likes is the cure for this?

"Let Venus see Caleb." I say suddenly. "I'm presuming you haven't?"

Annabelle and my mother share a glance and Mother answers, "No, we have not. But we are afraid Venus will hurt Caleb with her new romance powers that she doesn't know how to use yet!"