Chapter Twenty Three

" Kilo , fuck you! I'm tired of this shit. You got to quit this damn game. One day your going to realize that this shit is bullshit. I love you so much and we been together ever since I was 14. You can't keep doing this " I said yelling and Kilo grabbed me by my cheeks pushing my body against the wall.

" Fuck me? You gone regret saying that bullshit because girl you know I love yo ass. You know what the fuck you was getting into when you met me and expect me to leave this shit when it's hard? Huh? Now , stop that bullshit " Kilo said and tears fell out my eyes. He started to sigh as he rubbed his head.

" Stop , stop " He told me as he grabbed me while putting me in his hold. He kissed my forehead.

•••

" What the fuck I tell you about them niggas? Those niggas you call friends aren't yo fücking friends . The way they eye rape you and all their hand gestures is bullshit!" Kilo yelled at me and I ignored him while reading my book. We have been arguing a lot recently and he's been acting very crazy. People is coming after him so he thinks everyone is out to get him.

" You gone fücking ignore me?" Kilo said as he grabbed the book and threw it. I got up and turned my back on him. As I kept walking off ,  Kilo grabbed my shirt , throwing me into the bed.

" Kilo don't fucking do me like that!" I yelled as I got up and pushed him off me. Kilo stood up and tried to grip my wrist. A reflex came over me and I punched Kilo in the cheek. I gasped as he bit his inner cheek and sat down. He was pissed but calm.

" Baby I didn't mean to-" I started up.

" It's okay , just leave me alone right now so I don't peel your cap back baby" Kilo told me.

I put my head down on the rail of the hospital bed. Tears came down my eyes as flashbacks kept popping into my head. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. He wasn't up but he hasn't woke up yet. His breathing was unstable and he couldn't even move.

The bullet hit him right by his heart and if it moved over it could've hit his heart. I put his hand on my mouth as I kissed it and stared at him while rubbing his soft hair.

" Please , please wake up" I whispered while holding his hand tightly and tears ran down his cold hand. My breathing got strong as I laid my head on his hand.

A beep came through on the machine. I turned around and the line went flat. I pressed the nurse button as I felt his hand drop next to me.

" No, no baby get up" I said quickly while trying to feel a pulse. Nurses started to rush down and tried to remove me from his presence. I refused as I grabbed his limo body and they snatched me away.

" No , NO " I screamed loud as they tried to restrain me. I kicked my legs in the air as they grabbed my chest , tugging me away from him. I put up a fight and didn't want to leave the hospital room. I started punching the nurses and swinging on the doctors.

I felt a needle seep through my skin making me gasp. My vision became blurred and my legs were getting weak. I took a step and fell on the cold marble floors. Everything became black.

•••••

" Jasmine , come here " I heard and put my book down. I put on my bedroom shoes and walked downstairs. My face lit up as I saw a puppy standing in the middle of the floor. I dropped to my knees and started squealing.

" I know you wanted a puppy ever since you was little so I made it happen" Kilo told me and I gripped the white puppy which held the happiest smile. I rubbed it and it started to turn on his side. His tail was wagging and the little thing turned on his stomach.

" Your new name is Cuddles" I said and the puppy started to lick my hand. His tag was a box and it kept jiggling.

" Thank you baby " I told Kilo as I stood up and gave him a kiss. He kissed me back and wrapped his arms around.

" Anything for you Princess. " He told me.

I haven't heard a word of Kilo ever since I knocked out at the hospital. They stuck a needle in me and called my sister. She came and got me but soon had to intend to her motherly duties so she couldn't stay with me long. The memory of Kilo getting me this puppy popped into my mind and made me happy. Cuddles was sitting next to me. It made me happy because he knew so much about what I wanted and what I loved.

I grabbed Cuddles and put her on my lap. Cuddles noticed Kilo was around and Cuddles loved Kilo. I guess my little baby was sad too huh? I grabbed her key chain and smiled. The little box started to open and my eyebrow raised. A ring was in it with a tiny piece of paper. I opened the tiny piece of paper.

I always forget to give you a promise ring - Kilo

I smiled and put the ring on. He's so corny. Too bad he's not here in the same room to see it with me. My tears was so warm as they came down my face. My phone rang out aloud and it was the hospital. I answered the phone and put it to my ear.

" Hello " I answered with a dry voice.

" Is this Mrs.Leveen?" Someone said.

" Yes , this is her. " I said and picked at my nails as I was anxious at the news.

" We revived Kilo and he woke up" The nurse started off and I almost dropped my damn dog. I was so happy and slipped on my shoes.

" Oh my gosh, he's awake?" I questioned.

" Mrs.Leveen , he was only up for 20 minutes but he unable to talk and barely move. We left the room for five minutes to come back and his heart rate went back down. He caught into a seizure and I'm so sorry , but he passed away thirty minutes ago. We tried to save him " The nurse told me. I hung up the phone and stared off into space. Next thing you know , I hit the floor blacked out.