Chapter Twenty Two: Its been a while.

" You ready for pre school and to go meet all the other new kids?"'I said at Layloni with a smile but her face was so straight. She looked like her dad as she folded her arms and shook her head no. Layloni doesn't like getting up early , getting dressed , rushing breakfast just to go to preschool. We did it today and it was a battle to get her up. Now , I have to set sleeping schedules .

" Mommy , I don like girls and I don like getting up " Layloni said as she whined and placed her hands on her face

" Mommy , I don like girls and I don like getting up " Layloni said as she whined and placed her hands on her face. I sighed and grabbed her book bag. It's going to be hard for her to adjust to a new environment because she can be so stubborn. Layloni can be a social person but she is not friendly.

" Now why doesn't daddy's girl want to go to school?" A voice said causing me turn around. I rolled my eyes while putting her lunch inside the bag as Rich grabbed Layloni and snuggled with her.

" Hey daddy " Layloni said as she tugged at her jumper and kicked her feet. Rich smothered her with kisses as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Promise just smiled at the scene as Layloni started to play with Rich's long hair.

" I'm ready Auntie " Destiny said as she came from behind the curtain. Junior and Kaylen had to work today so it was Promise's job to get the kids to school for their first day.

Destiny was wearing her school uniform with her new spears on. Her hair was curled up and she had a bow on top of her head. She's finally I'm pre K and she's so ready to be with bigger kids.

" You look beautiful Destiny. Now , don't act up on y'all first day and behave. Have fun with all the little children. Play nice and no fighting Destiny" I said turning around and Destiny frowned.

" But she took my crayon and laughed. She deserved to get punched. " Destiny said frowning and I laughed. Junior and Kaylen really didn't take it seriously because they knew Destiny was going to be like this. The girl was also really mean to Destiny so she had a reason.

" Y'all want Wendy's before school?" Rich asked them.

" Yess , wit da shicken nuggets and the honey " Layloni said as she clapped she hands and Rich laughed.

" Uncle Rich , can I get a burger?" Destiny asked with a smile and Rich nodded as he smiled. Destiny got excited and ran out the door with her book bag.

" I'll take them to school. What you want?" Rich asked from me earning a eye roll.

" Nothing " I said. I don't want shit from him.

••• Jasmine Pov

" Kilo ? Baby , can you hurry up because it's cold and it's dangerous out here" I said shivering turning on the heat and Kilo chuckled.

" Girl , I been yo man for years. I ain gone let shit happen to yo ass , now give me a kiss " Kilo asked and kindly earned himself a kiss. He got out the car as the music blasted on the radio.

About 10 minutes passed and Kilo was still not outside. He was inside a store that he was supposed to deliver a backpack to but he didn't return. I turned the corner of my eye and saw Kilo arguing with a man.

" What the fuck you mean? Nigga this was 10 weight and I'm supposed to have my shit "Kilo argued with the suspicious stranger and I rolled down the windows to get a better hear of the conversation.

" Nigga I don't owe you shit. Back the fuck up. You ain my homeboys to get like that , you a sack. " The man said as he pulled out a gun and I started to panic. My anxiety started to go up and I heard a shot go off.

It all moved in slow motion as Kilo hit the ground while blood splattered out of him and the man ran. I got out the car quickly and ran to Kilo while screaming at the top of my lungs. I got on my knees and started applying pressure to his wound.

" Somebody help me! Please! " I cried while taking off his jacket and using it to cover the wound. People just stared and watched. I was crying my eyes out while laying my head on him trying to press as hard as I can.

" Kilo , wake up" I screamed as his eyes started to get low and his head kept leaning to the side. I smacked his cheek and they reopened. He looked at me and tried to talk but coughed up blood. I wrapped the jacket around him and tightly on his wound putting him in my arms. He started to grow cold as I rocked him to keep him warm.

" Kilo , baby I love you. I love you. I love you . I love you " I said and Kilo grew limp. A lady walked up to me as she was on the phone and smiled.

" He'll be okay " The lady smiled and I looked at her weirdly. She was an Elderly black lady with grey hair with some pretty white teeth. Tears and snot was coming out and she patted my back to reassure me. The lady disappeared and the ambulance came.