Flamable Promises

AN: I expect that most of you would want to kill me after you read this. And I say, BE GENTLE! (;

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Ow, mum, ow."

Walking out from the kitchen of the Burrow, Ginny Potter dragged a blue-haired eighteen year-old by his ear. She tugged even harder as he began to complain and tried pulling himself out of her clutch, even if that meant losing his ear in the process. He knew it was worth losing, it was about to get uglier if he didn't get out of there fast. (Besides, earless blokes like George Weasley were always the center of attention, he would fit right in.)

"Sit your butt down this instant, Teddy Remus Lupin,” the redhead woman snapped, pointing to the empty couch in the living room of her parents home; an older woman watching from a rocking-chair with a grin on her face. "Now,” she hissed as he hesitated.

"Yes, ma'am." Teddy scurried off to the old couch.

Ginny sighed, inhaling deeply as she crossed her arms in anger. "I don't even know what I'm going to do with you, boy,” she began, not noticing that Teddy had given her a secret eye-roll. "You're eighteen—eighteen, Teddy, and you can't begin to act your age."

Teddy glanced at the other woman, watching her knit casually as if she wasn't hearing his mother rant about him again. (Same things over and over again that she’s been arguing about since he was about five.)

"It's like you are tempting me to lock you in an attic and never let you out."

"I don't even know what all the fuss is about, mum," Teddy chimed in, leaning against the couch as he decided he heard enough. "I mean, I was just sitting innocently in the kitchen, waiting for my tea when you barged in all mental and decided to attack me." He raised a finger at the woman, turning his body slightly in an angle so he could see her. "If we were muggles, I'd have Child Services contact you and I'd be removed from your custody by such barbaric act, Ginevra."

"You were having sex on my mother's dining table!" Ginny snarled, smacking the boy across the head. "Rotten luck for you, boy, but we are not muggles!" Smack. Smack. "Next time I find you disgracing the Burrow with that girl—”

Before Ginny could finish her shout, a blonde seventeen year-old was being dragged out in the same way Teddy had been, but by a mob of people. "He’s telling the truth,” Victoire inputted, looking at her aunt with an outraged expression. “We were just waiting for tea!" And as her Uncle Ron shoved her onto an empty armchair, the blonde girl turned to her grandmother. "Grandmum, you know I would never do such a thing. Aunt Ginny’s blowing this way out of proportion."

"Am I?" Mrs. Potter scowled at her niece.

"Well of course you are!" Teddy was the one to speak, his girlfriend shrinking back with fear by the redheaded woman’s deadly gaze. "Vic and I have not even had sex yet—hence we were not doing anything on Molly's table!" He babbled. "And if by any chance I were to get lucky, I would not do it in the Burrow. I'd rent a room in the Leaky Cauldron, or do it in my room when you and dad were out."

Smack.

Teddy frowned at his mother from another hit he received, crossing his arms in an indignant way. (There was just no pleasing that woman.)

"Oh, my, my, my." Molly Weasley stopped her knitting, looking at the two teenagers as all the other adults remained silent by Teddy's statement. "Kids these days,” she sighed, shaking her fading red-hair as she looked down at her almost-done sweater. "What to do with them?"