CHAPTER THIRTY: Respect Isn't Demanded. It Is For You To Gain

Start from the beginning

"A little bit lost somewhere?" Kohell interrupted.

"Just doing a little life counselling." I answered, looking rather uneasy.

"Mind telling me? After all, I'm your boyfriend, baby doll." He said. And he couldn't have given off enough sarcasm to that, to say the least.

"I do mind and I don't want to bore you with how crappy the story might be. So I suggest, we hit the road and get on with that party you dragged me to again." I said, clutching my purse and headed out the door.

"We don't have to go, if you don't want to." Kohell spoke. Interrupting me from taking another step out.

"And have your mates mock me for being a coward and whatnots? Or have your bitches conclude that I was party pooper? Nah. Let's go, Treyson." I said and gave him a stern look.

"Fine then. I'll take it as you are just so proud to have me as your boyfriend and you're going to show me off." He said as he tailed me out of the dormhouse and unto the red bricked pavement.

"Same rules apply. No touching and smooching and whatever flirting. Got it?" I said, halting and pointing a finger at him. And he just stood there, hands on his pockets and smirked like the devil he is.

"Have it your way, then." He said quite smugly.

For once, I thought I had dominance in this conversation, but he proved me wrong, again. Although he's just doing what I said he would do, there's still superiority in everything I ask him to do. It's like, I don't know, he's agreeing to everything but, there's still inferiority in all I say. And he's being a prick while smugly doing it my way. I just couldn't figure this guy out.

"We're here." He said.

"I can tell." I answered.

There's no denying that this is the venue of the party, because, duh, the speakers on full volume and this place is literally a mess. Kegs everywhere. Red cups are freaking scattered om the floor and basically and every corner and crevice. Yup, this is where it will all start.

Upon entering the dormhouse, the music blasted my ears off. And just like expected, all eyes moved directly at us. Literally, every single person in the lobby turned their attention to us. Talk about awkward.

The familiar buzzing of bitches in the corner did not affect me much. But the ogling eyes of the guy population is throwing me off. But I maintained my composure seeing as Kohell remains unaffected by all of this. Best to say, he's immune to all the attention.

Slowly, people continued with their businesses before we came in. And I held on to my composure like my life depends on it. Because all these attention is really giving me the chills. How can Kohell deal with all these and not end up like a good pile of embarrasment?

I cleared my throat once. "You didn't tell me these lot will be in this party. I thought it's exclusive to the team and the squad." I said with a smile, feigning arrogance.

"Fact number one, parties hosted by jocks are supposed to be huge. It's to have many choices on who to bag at the end of the night." Kohell said casually.

"Lovely." I managed to utter.

I remained staring at him for a couple of seconds more. I could not believe it. All these people are going to witness me drinking all my sanity at every shot. I prepared for this thinking all the people invited would be familiar faces from the team and squad. I wasn't given the memorandum! And I am panicking.

A few people from the squad approached us and welcomed me to my very first squad party. I know some of 'em are barbie dolls and are plastics since I can see them checking on Kohell, but I did not mind it at all.