I'm done

Dan's POV

Another day another argument with Phil. It was getting ridiculous now that every day there was some stupid little thing that kicked everything off. On this occasion I never realised just how extreme it would get. One snide comment from Phil about being at Ellen's place and way more came out then I ever expected. Well, after...what happened with Ellen we had this big chat the next morning after we had sent a hungover Carlie home in a taxi. She basically sat me down, held my hands and said she thought she was close to a decision and she regretted nothing. After I went over the jibes started and all of the private stuff that had been said to both me and Phil over the last month came spewing out.

"Should have known you'd run to her, any opportunity to try and get at her"

"Oh FUCK OFF PHIL! All you've done for the last month is stir! You realise you have no chance with her and try to ruin my chances!"

"I have just as much chance as you Dan! You'd be surprised how close we are. You're just a nasty piece of work, Dan. It's always about you and Ellen agrees with me! She said you overpower me and push me back and I won't take it anymore! That's why Ellen cares about me more! Remember who it was who she asked out first? who she kissed first? Yeah! that's what I thought!"

"Remember who she fucked first!"

His face expressed a range of emotions; Sadness, betrayal, confusion but mostly anger, And somehow I got enjoyment out of enfuriating him.

"WHAT?"

"You heard me Phil..."

"When?! how?!"

"Oh shit I forgot you were a virgin...well Phillp, What happens is-"

"Don't patronise me Dan! what happened?"

"Last night...When I stayed over...In her bed! And guess what she said to me this morning? She's close to a decision and she didn't regret what we did! Face it Phil, You've lost. Go and fuck yourself."

"I don't believe you! You've been lying for the last 4 weeks. I wanna hear this from her!"

Before I could question or retaliate he was storming out of the door to Ellen's flat. She opened the door to a furious Phil, Red in the face and shaking with adreanaline.

"what happened last night Ellen?! What's this about sleeping with Dan and telling him you're close to knowing who you want?!"

"Phil how do yo-. Wait! Dan you told him?!"

I ran out of the door way of our flat and over to her door holding her by the shoulders, beginning to tear up as I spoke to her.

"Ellen, I'm so sorry! He just pushed me too far with his bragging and cockyness that it came out! You know I would never want to upset you because we both know how we feel about eachother"

"Give it up Dan! Stop thinking she has to love you!" He then barged forward looking more defeated and said something unexpected.

Ellen's POV

This was a hideous shock for me. I was just sat watching TV and the next minute there's an almight thump at the door and Dan and Phil are screaming and shouting. Phil put things into perspective with the next thing he said and I was going to have to do something then and there.

"Ellen, I love you. But I'm sick of chasing a girl around that I get nothing back from. This has gone on for too long now because you have no idea how it feels to have your emotions played with! you kiss me then you kiss him, you ask me out and then him and then today he tells me you slept together while I'm at home thinking about you! Ellen, I'm done with the heart ache and the fact I no longer have a best friend! Either you make a final decision by tomorrow or I rule myself out for good..."

My heart went into my mouth, I looked at them both to evaluate the situation. I had Dan, a good looking guy my age who was funny and outgoing. Then I had Phil, Shy and sweet, More in touch with his emotions. Both were my friends, Both were friends. Now they were my two loves and to eachother sworn enemies. I looked again, my mind going into overdrive at how I could word this.

"I already have made my decision."

And then I walked towards him.

-------------- -------------- --------------

I was gonna say sorry for the cliff hanger but Im not really that sorry :P you have to wait to see who was picked. I think this might be finished in a part or two BUT Im thinking there might be a follow up because this whole plot idea came into my head :)

Carlie x