The day that changed it all

In a way the whole thing made me feel like a bit of a celebrity. People asking for tweets, constantly complimenting me and sometimes people stopped me in the street for pictures. Somehow almost 95,000 people were now subscribed to me, but it wasn't until I received a pretty special email one day in July that made me realise just how recognised I was.

It was just any normal day, browsing twitter and tumblr. I had posted my latest vlog the day before and was looking over some comments when an Email came through. I opened up the page thinking it would just be spam, as usual, especially when the subject said "congratulations". But to my surprise this wasn't spam, It was something so amazing it made me realise that my videos were reaching more than just my subscribers. As I read it a huge grin came across my face, "Dear Ellen, After looking at your current youtube statistics and views and also looking at the response to you VIA social media we are delighted to invite you along to this years "VidCon" in London (August 1-3 2013). Not only are you invited along to the sold out event but we would love for you to do a Q&A with other youtubers such as Zoella280390, AmazingPhil, TylerOakley, Danisnotonfire, MarcusbutlerTV and many more! We would also love for you to take a slot on stage. We hope you can attend, please respond ASAP and hopefully we will see you there.

Yours sincerely, The VidCon team."

After reading that all I could say was "What?!" before running downstairs screaming at my family "I'M GOING TO VIDCON!!!!", my sister and parents giving me a look as if to say "And that is?...."

"Hellooooo people! It's one of the biggest conventions in the country and I've been invited to perform and answer fans questions!"

My mum finally realised how important this was to me and got out of her seat, running towards me to hug me.

"Darling we're so proud of you! Who knew posting videos could turn into a future career!"

"That's not even the best part though mum! Dan and Phil are there!!! They're the reason I did this in the first place! I can't believe it!" At that moment the excitement became too much and I found myself crying tears of joy which okay, yes I'm 22 but I can admit I'm very emotional; sometimes too emotional. It was already the 26th July so I didn't have much time to prepare anything. I quickly ran back upstairs, sent my reply back.and made a quick video out to my subs.

"Hey guys! just a quick video to share with you some good news! So today I reveived an email from a little thing called VidCon offering me a chance to take to the stage and answer some questions with a bunch of other youtubers. Now, I only have 5 days to come up with something and I thought it would be nice if you guys got to choose what I did seeing as though it's you who has to enjoy it! so post ideas in the comments, on my twitter and my facebook page and hopefully I'll be meeting some of you there! Bye guys!"

I uploaded it, sat back and waited for ideas to come flooding in.

---------------- ---------------- ----------------

Sorry again guys for it being a bit boring! please bare with because stuff will start happening soon. Pretty please vote, share and comment :)

Carlie x