Chapter 27

Sean POV

"Your mate is great, Sean."

"Yeah. She is." I absentmindedly responded to Jake's question. It was hard to focus on what he was saying with Carly out of my sight. I didn't like that she wasn't with me right now.

"She'll make an amazing Luna." Cain added in.

His statement had me snapping out of my daze. I had hardly thought about Carly being such a big part of the pack.

"I haven't even told her about us yet."

"Don't worry about that, Sean. She'll understand whenever you're ready to tell her." Jake reassured me.

"She doesn't want to live here. I don't how I can possibly convince her to stay and accept me for what I am."

"She's your mate. I can see she's already falling in love with you. When you tell her about our kind, it's not going to change how she feels about you."

"Ok."

I looked to the cafeteria doors once I heard them open, but it wasn't the girls who walked through the door. I would expect Carly and Sasha to be back by now.

"Don't worry, man. The girls probably just decided to head straight to class. They'll show up." Nick assured me. We had been waiting together in hopes that the girls would return to the cafeteria to walk to class with us.

"I bet you're right, Nick."

I started in the direction of my next class, hoping that Carly would already be there when I arrived.

I began to chant in my head that she would be alright. Unfortunately, that didn't do anything to calm my worries. Something bad could've happened to the girl I love. I've never felt this way about a girl before and if she was hurt in any way I don't know what I'd do.

When I finally stepped into the classroom for my next period, I searched the room to see if Carly was in any of the desks.

I couldn't find her in any of them. She wasn't in here. Where could she be?

"Mr. Matthews, do you realize how late you are?" The teacher asked me.

I didn't care about being late. I would have never come in the first place if it weren't for my dad. I only wanted to be with my mate.

She started to yell at me when I slammed the door shut, but it didn't matter to me. I had more important things to worry about.

I made my way down the hallways in the direction of Sasha's class. My hope was that Carly was there. If she wasn't, Sasha better be able to tell me where she is.

I barged through the door of Sasha's classroom once I found it.

"Mr. Matthews this is not your class." The grumpy old teacher told me.

I ignored him and spotted Sasha sitting in her seat at the back of the classroom alone. Carly wasn't in here either.

Stalking towards her, I called out Sasha's name.

She looked petrified. She knows better than to make me angry, but I would never physically hurt her.

"You can talk to her after class, Mr. Matthews. Right now, you need to get out."

He attempted to lead me towards the door, but I pushed him out of the way so that I could grab Sasha.

"Don't touch her." Nick growled out. I understood he wanted to protect his mate, but I don't take orders from him.

With one stern look from me, Nick head no choice but to lower his head in submission.

I held onto Sasha's wrist as I took her out into the hallway.

"What happened to Carly?" I asked her.

She began to cry. That was not a good sign.

"Tell me!" I demanded.

"We were in the bathroom and Natalie walked in." She got out.

"What did she say?"

"She told Carly that you have a different girl in your bed every night and you'll be done with her once you two have sex." She told me.

This was not good.

"Did she really believe that?" I asked getting a nod in response.

"Where is she?"

"I don't know. She just ran off afterwards." She said.

"Thanks, Sasha."

"What the hell are you doing with my mate?" I heard someone shout.

I turned my head to see a very angry Nick. He must've came out of class to make sure Sasha was ok. Since she was crying, he had every right to be upset with me.

"Get the fück away from her." He said pushing me.

I didn't fight back, I was more concerned with finding Carly.

I saw Sasha bury her face in Nick's chest before I turned to leave.

Carly had to have gone to my house. It's the only other place she's been to here.

Leaving school, I drove towards my house. Even if she isn't there, I will find her.