Chapter 21

Carly POV

If I said standing in front of my house wasn't daunting, I would be lying. The thought of running into my mother terrified me.

"You don't have to go in if you don't want to." I hear Sean's voice from behind me.

I realize that I haven't moved much since I began staring at the front door.

"I'm fine." I tell him before turning back around to slowly open the door.

I shouldn't feel like I have to prove myself to him but I just want to show him that I'm not weak. I don't want him to think that I can't handle things on my own.

I quietly walk into the house and luckily no one is in there.

I lead Sean up the steps into my room trying to make as little noise as possible.

When we get to my room, I quietly shut the door before grabbing a suitcase to start packing in.

"Do you need any help?" He asks me while looking over my shoulder into the suitcase.

"No. Sit over there and wait for me."

"No need to get bossy. I was just trying to help." He said before jumping onto the bed.

"I'm sorry. I just feel very jittery being here." I apologize.

"It's fine. I was only kidding. I actually like it when you take charge and boss me around. It's sexy." He says.

I turn to see him smirking at me.

I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face, so I grabbed whatever was nearest to me and threw it.

The good thing was that it landed on his stupid handsome face.

The bad thing was that I just so happened to have thrown the pair of lacy black panties I was about to pack.

He peeled my underwear off his face and examined it carefully.

I can't imagine what he's thinking right now. My face went bright red from embarrassment.

"Wow. I should be an ass more often if it means you're going to throw your panties at my face." He said cheekily.

"Give them back!" I shout at him.

"No. You threw them at me, now they're mine." He said standing up.

I run to grab them but then he holds the panties up out of my reach.

I try to jump a couple of times for them but he looks satisfied when I fail so I stop.

"Give me my underwear back!" I beg.

"Only if you give me a kiss."

So I put my lips to his.

I meant for it to only be a little peck on the lips but he wouldn't let me pull away and he deepened the kiss.

He gently pushed me onto the bed so that now I was laying on my back with my legs around his waist.

I could feel the erection that pressed against his jeans.

I knew he wanted more than just a kiss, but I couldn't give him more. All this kissing and being in a relationship is new to me.

His hands slithered up my shirt so that they could rest on my bare back.

"Sean, s-stop. Please." I whimpered.

He stops and looks at me. I couldn't help but feel like I've disappointed him.

"Is everything alright?" He asks.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you?" He looks very confused.

"Because I made you stop." I explain.

"Don't feel bad for asking me to stop. I don't want to pressure you into doing something you're not ready for." He told me.

"Ok."

"Now finish packing. Oh, and these are yours." He said handing my panties back to me.

I took them from him and began packing again.

Once I finished getting everything in my suitcases, we started to leave. Sean carried my heavier bags for me.

As we were walking down the hall, I saw that the door to my mom's room was cracked open.

I couldn't help myself. I peeked to see inside her room for one last time.

Unlike usual, it now reeked of alcohol.

I saw a few empty beer bottles littered across the floor and there lying on the bed was my mother.

She's turned to drinking away her pain and I don't think I can help her.

The sight made me want to curl up into a ball and cry. But I held the tears in and walked away.

After all that's happened between us, I didn't think it would be so hard to walk away. It was actually one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life.

Sean was still at the top of the stairs waiting for me to come with him.

He watched me as I walked past him and went outside to the car.

He drove away without saying anything to me but he still grabbed my hand and held it to comfort me.

I was so grateful that I had Sean. When we were parked in the driveway of Derek's house, Sean pulled me onto his lap and I cried as he held me.