Chapter 5

Sean POV

As Carly walked home, even though she told me not to come with her, I followed her in my wolf form in the woods.

I wasn't trying to stalk her, I just need to make sure that she made it home safely.

After I was assured she was ok, I went back to the pack house.

My dad and Derek were sitting on the couch with beers in their hands when I arrived. It looked like they were old friends just having a normal conversation.

"Where'd you go?" My dad asked when he saw me.

"I found my mate." I told them.

"Congratulations!" Derek said.

"There is a problem though." I said.

"What? Does she have a problem with you being an alpha?" My dad asked with concern etched on his face.

"She doesn't even know I'm an alpha. She's human." I said.

"Do you have anything against her being human?" Derek asked.

"No, of course not. Human or not she's meant for me, but she has no idea about mates or werewolves. I'm going to have to tell her everything and when I do, I'm worried she won't accept it." I explained.

"If you earn her trust and love, it won't matter to her what you are either. Just be patient and everything will be fine." My dad said.

"Yeah. You can even stay here until she accepts you." Derek agreed.

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course. Our packs are allies and I'd love to help a fellow alpha get together with his mate." Derek said.

"Thank you so much." I thanked him.

"No problem."

"What's her name?" My dad asked.

"Carly."

"So she was the waitress at the diner right?" Dad asked.

"Yeah."

"I told you that you would find pretty young waitresses there." Said Derek. I have to admit that he did call it. However, I didn't enjoy seeing his 'I told you so' smirk.

"Do you know anything about her?" I asked him. 

"Well, I know that she goes to the local high school along with many of the teenagers in my pack. We can get you enrolled there so that you have a reason to see her more often." Derek said.

"Ok. Is that all?"

"Um, well." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well what?" I asked getting anxious.

"She's kind of an outcast at the school because there are so many more werewolves there."

"Is that all?" I asked. I thought that because of the look on his face that he would've said something a whole lot worse than that.

"She's not just an outcast, but one of the most bullied students at the school." He said.

"What?! Why?!" Now I was angry.

"I don't know." He said.

"And you've never thought to put an end to it?" I growled at him.

"It's not really my place. I don't control what goes on at the school."

"You're an alpha. You could've kept your pack members in check." I accused.

"I'm sorry, Sean." He couldn't argue with me. Maybe it wasn't entirely his fault, but he could've done something.

I was not happy about hearing the way that my mate was treated. It made sense now why Hailey tripped her at the diner. I needed to get of here before I did or said something to Derek I'd regret.

I stormed out of the pack house.

When I got to the woods, I shifted into my wolf.

He needed to be let out after hearing the upsetting news that was driving the both of us crazy.

Who's all been bullying her? Could she have possibly done something to deserve the bullying from her peers?

These were the questions that I needed answers to. I couldn't imagine Carly doing anything to deserve the way they treated her. I needed to find who's been hurting her so I can protect her and make sure they never hurt her again.

I had a feeling Hailey was a bully of Carly's, but maybe there were more. Why would she or anyone want to hurt my mate?

I'm so glad that now I'm here to protect my mate. I only wish that I could've met her sooner. At least she won't have to worry about them anymore from now on.

All I have to do is think of ways to win her over and earn her trust. Unfortunately, I have no clue on how I'm going to do that.