1 : For Old Times Sake..

It is so easy to take something you have had all your life for granted.

Caitlynn Clark and Gregory Cambell had been together from the time they could remember, their parents were best of friends and they had been there for each other from the time they were in diapers. When Caitlynn's parents passed away in a car accident, Gregory's parents who were also Caitlynn's godparents took her in and from then on they were inseparable, at school they stood by one another, Gregory being a serious and timid child was always bullied and Caitlynn who was loud and party animal; always stood by him and got into lot of trouble for him. Being in a close knit community in Kirkwall, Scotland everyone knew they would eventually end up together.

They shared their first of everything with each other, when they were together they didn't need anyone else or noticed anyone else, they went out together, they partied and got wasted together, they cried and laughed together, so naturally Caitlynn thought when they were done with school he would join his dad in the family business of gardening and they could be together forever, but Gregory always wanted to get out from the town. He couldn't wait to get to Westminster, where he had applied for his medicine degree and when he got accepted, he was packing to leave in a heartbeat, he naturally assumed that Caitlynn would follow him to the end of the world and they would be together forever, but she was too attached to Kirkwall, she could never leave the place she was born and where she grew up, she had too many memories of her parents there and she wouldn't trade them for anything.

The weekend he was supposed to leave, he extended it so that they could go take one last road trip to Scotland before he left. They rented a cottage and stayed in making love for most of the day. When the weekend was over they came back and Gregory left for college and Caitlynn decided to go to a community college to take her degree in literature.

A few weeks had passed and Caitlynn and Gregory spoke almost everyday, they missed each other terribly and nothing was as it was before. One morning when she got up feeling like she had the worst hangover she rushed to the bathroom and puked. She looked pale and felt sick and that was when she realised she was late. As in very late. She peed on the stick but test came negative, for a while she was relieved but something still didn't fit right, she went to the clinic to consult, they took a series of test and learned she was pregnant.

Caitlynn couldn't tell Gregory over the phone so she insisted him to come home for the weekend. And when she announced that they were going to have a baby Gregory, like a perfect gentleman stood by in her decision to keep the baby and they eloped and got married at a chapel in Scotland. They didn't care what people said, they didn't care they didn't get the marriage they had dreamed they would have, they didn't care about anything other than they loved each other and they were going to have a baby.

Caitlynn had shifted to Westminster to be with Gregory, even though she didn't like the place one bit, she couldn't and didn't want to stay away from him anymore. He promised they would shift back when he was completes his practice and that was good enough for her.

With the Pregnancy of their first child, a girl, they had decided that they would name her Violet Emily Cambell, Caitlynn got very busy with her life, all of sudden she had a reason to take care of herself and be healthy, she read books after books on pregnancy and on what to expect. And before she knew it she was jolting down milestone of their two year old Violet and was pregnant with their second child, this time it was a boy and Caitlynn couldn't wait for him to be born; frankly she was a little tired of seeing pink everywhere. In her defence pink was never her favourite colour but pink was one of the few words Violet said so she had to give in. After all the little cherub could get away with murder with her cuteness.