Chapter 14: Making the Team

Comenzar desde el principio

I glared at him as I fixed my hair, yet I couldn't help but smile. Sirius always knew what to say to make my nerves die down. I was glad that I had come to Hogwarts this year. Spending all those hours with him that we had missed every other year, was the best thing ever! "So, who's the captain?" I asked, wanting to know who had the final say about who got on the team.

"Why none other than yours truly Theya!" James' smug voice called as he got off his broom and bowed.

"And it so hasn't gone to his head!" Sirius muttered to me with a smirk, making me laugh.

"Oi your sarcasm isn't appreciated Black!" James huffed as he straightened up and glared at Sirius with friendly offence, who just smirked in response.

I laughed. It made me feel relieved to know that during those years when I wasn't around, Sirius had people who were like brothers to him and Remus and James were definitely like brothers to him, closer if even. Remus... He was all alone in the Hospital Wing after a horribly painful transformation! No one should have to go through something as painful as that, especially not someone as kind and as gentle and cute and sweet as him! 

"Earth to ZeZe!?" The sudden use of Sirius' childhood nickname for me snapped me out of my thoughts, making me blush. "See, I told you that would get her attention!" He smirked as he stood beside James.

"What!?" I asked, hiding my blush behind my hair as I glared at the two of them.

"I said, that it's time for the tryouts to begin. Now, as your captain I will split you into the different positions that you each are trying out for with the help of my side kick!" James smirked teasingly at Sirius.

"Watch it Potter, or a Bludger might just accidentally knock you right off that broom of yours, I doubt your big head filled with thoughts of your deer Lilypad would be able to hold you!" Sirius replied with another smirk. 

I bit my lip to stop the giggles from escaping as I noticed the little 'deer' joke that Sirius had used. Typical of my brother to slip in a jab about their animagus abilities. "Anyone who is trying out for the position of Chaser, head over to Frank, Keepers go to Fabian, Seekers over to Gideon and Beaters over to Sirius!" James instructed and without any further instructions, everyone split up into their different positions. 

"Nice little 'deer' joke Siri!" I smirked at him as I joined him and the other students. 

"Why thank you, I thought it was hounderful!" He smirked.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes at him and his animal puns. I could tell that many of the other students were very confused by the jokes and by the fact that I was trying out for a Beater position, mainly because there weren't many women with an interest for it. 

James' P.O.V.
It wasn't long before nearly everyone had tried out. From the amount of people who had tried out, I knew that we wouldn't be short substitutes this year, especially for the Chasers. However, it was going to be rather difficult to decide who would make the cut this year. After a while it was only the Beaters left to tryout. "Alright, one by one you'll fly up and wait for either me or Sirius to release a Bludger, try and hit it as hard as you can with your bat!" I told them as they mounted their brooms and ascended into the air. I waited for them to form a line before releasing a Bludger. 

Soon it was Zentheya's turn, I waited for her to move forward and get herself ready before I gave Sirius the signal to release the Bludger. It sped through the air with a great amount of speed, hurtling towards Zentheya. I frowned as it looked like she wasn't paying attention and the Bludger was getting closer to her! "Sirius!" I said worriedly as it was getting dangerously close to hitting her.