Chapter 9: Finding my Magic Animal Friend

AN: Holy chocolate frogs! 1.26k views!? I can't believe it! Thank you all so much! I hope you guys continue to enjoy my story! I am just warning you guys that there may be a delay as I am leaving on holiday tomorrow! Can't wait! Anyway please enjoy this chapter!
______________________________

Zentheya's P.O.V.
Halloween was approaching rather swiftly and many of the students were discussing different costume ideas that they had, while the older ones were looking forward to the Halloween feast. I sighed heavily as I sat in the library looking over the various books that I had lying in front of me. I was eager to find out more about magical creatures. It was one of my favourite subjects alongside Transfiguration. The past few weeks were a blast. The weather hadn't been too good do Quidditch tryouts were being delayed until this week, which worked out well for me because it meant that I could focus on my studies. Flicking over the pages of the text book labeled the The Monster Book of Monsters, I stopped as I came to a page on Werewolves. I had always had a fascination for dark creatures, maybe it was because of my 'gift' as Sirius called it but to me it was a curse, it had been ever since I first realised just how destructive it was, how easily it was for me to hurt and burn those that I loved so much. Like I hurt Sirius.... I thought to myself as the memory flashed in my mind....

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Memory Begins ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
I held my head as my father's insults and degrading comments swirled around in my head. I was a disgrace. I was weak, pathetic and useless. I was a disappointment to my family. I was a mistake that never should have been born. I felt the tears running down my face as all I wanted was my Father's love and care. His approval! Why wasn't I good enough!? Not even my mother cared about me. To her, I was this unwanted surprise! "Ze? Are you up here!?" Sirius' voice pulled me from my thoughts as he began making his way into my cupboard sized bedroom. Why was I not the beautiful daughter that my mother wanted!? I felt something explode inside me and the next thing I knew was that fire was exploding from my hands as I threw my arms down, just as Sirius entered the room. "Ze, what are y-" He broke off as he seen the fire spreading from my hands.

I just felt complete anger at myself. I screamed at him through my tears, saying, "Leave me alone!" As I screamed those words at him, I threw my arms out in his direction!
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ Memory Ends ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would never be able to forget the pure fear that shone in his grey eyes, how he had screamed in pain as the flames engulfed his arms until I put my arms down. I still couldn't look at his right arm without that body-swallowing pit of guilt and regret dig itself an even bigger hole inside my stomach. I remembered how Father took him to St. Mungo's, probably hoping that the flamed would engulf him. I for one am glad that they didn't. As I continued to read about werewolves, my mind began to think of Remus and how he was always missing at least once a month and sometimes Sirius, James and Peter would sneak out of the Common Room in the middle of the night. I couldn't help being a little suspicious, now could I? Okay maybe I was also very curious! Buuuuuuuut I couldn't help it!