Chapter 14: Making the Team

Zentheya's P.O.V.
Potions Class was rather dull, especially with Severus and Lucius watching me the entire period. Every time I felt Lucius' eyes on me, I felt my whole body shudder as the horrid  memories of what he had tried to do to me washed over me, replaying in my mind. "Hey Ze, are you alright?" Lex's gentle voice pulled me from my thoughts as he put his hand on mine.

I blushed slightly and nodded my head. "Yeah fine..." I whispered smiling at him as I began scribbling down the various notes that Professor Slughorn had written on the board. I didn't mind Potions much now, it was still my least favourite subject but thanks to Lily, my grade was improving and since I didn't trust Severus anymore, I made sure that I checked with Lily that the notes he had given me during our tutoring sessions were correct.

"So what are you doing after class?" Lex asked me in a hushed voice.

"I'm trying out for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team!" I explained as the bell rang, signalling the end of the second period.

Lex smiled at me, causing a hopefully unnoticeable blush to spread across my pale face. "Cool, what position are you trying out for?" He asked as we began to pack away our things.

I bit my lip. Part of me didn't want to tell him in case I got the same reaction from him that I got from Peter, however another part of me didn't think Lex was like that and I really wanted to know what he thought of it! I decided to take the risk and tell him. "Oh I'm going trying out for a Beater position, I mean that's what I was at my last school!" I said, shrugging like it was no big deal and praying that he wouldn't laugh. Thankfully he didn't!

"Wow, that's pretty cool!" He said as we began leaving the classroom. "Good luck, I'm sure you'll be great!"

I blushed at his comment. "Thanks!" I said. I almost didn't notice Sirius or James coming out of the classroom. I was too busy going off into a daydream about Lex! It only happened when I was talking to either him or Remus!

"Hey Ze! Earth to Zentheykins!" James' voice suddenly snapped me from my day dream.

I shook my head and glared at him. "Don't call me that Pee Pee!" I warned him. "What?"

Sirius smirked at me and James. "We've gotta go, tryouts are now!" He told me putting an arm around me.

"Oh right! Okay!"

"Why Pad, I think speaking to a certain Slytherin made her forget!" James teased me as we began walking outside.

I couldn't help but blush, causing Sirius to laugh and smirk. "Why Prongs old chum, I think you're right!" He joined in.

"Oh shut up you two!" I hissed at them as I walked faster, hoping to avoid more teasing. I could hear them laughing behind me. Damn them!

It didn't take us long to reach the Quidditch pitch and like most Quidditch pitches, it was oval shaped and spread to about five-hundred feet long and one-hundred and eight feet wide with a small central circle of approximately two feet in diameter where the balls were released at the beginning of every game. There were a lot more students trying out than I had imagined, which only made my nerves worse. I could feel my hands shaking with nerves as I stood on the pitch alongside Halter and Sirius waiting for the tryouts to begin. What if I didn't make the team!? What if I had a panic attack in the air!?  I thought to myself as I tried to calm my nerves. "Ze, would you relax? I can feel your hands shaking from here!" Sirius chuckled as he put an arm around me. 

"It's not my fault I'm nervous!" I huffed childishly, making him smirk.

"Lighten up would you? You'll be fine, you've played Quidditch before!" He reminded me, ruffling my hair in his annoying brotherly way.