June 17th: 12:00pm

[memories]

In the middle of the night, I think about you.

I think about all the wonderful moments that we had together, then I remember the pain we both suffered.

The pain I caused you to suffer.

Whenever I close my eyes, an instant flash of that horrific night burns through my skull like a sky-cutting lightning bolt.

~~~

"Jungkook? Are you home?"

Rain courageously pounded itself outside the window, pitter-pattering, as a dark, angry figure shut the mahogany-lined front door with a bang.

A furious jangle of keys sung in the air.

Jimin stepped out of the kitchen and walked towards Jungkook, his eyebrows knit with worry.

Jungkook looked at him and breathed heavily. "I knew it."

Jimin's breath caught in his throat. "W-What do you me-?" Jungkook slammed his fist on the wall, startling the smaller male into silence.

"I knew you were screwing around with that whore! I bet he spread his ass wide open for you, huh?" Jungkook jabbed an angry finger at Jimin's shaking chest, "Well, guess what, sweetheart? He doesn't give two shits about you! Who took you in when your parents tried to kill you because they thought you were a freak? Huh? Who took care of you and fell in love with you? Huh?!" Jungkook huffed, outraged like a wild bull. "And this is how you repay me? By fucking my best friend?!"

Jimin looked down, ashamed and red-cheeked.

The taller man shook his head, disbelieving. "I'm done with your bullshit. I'm stopping by tomorrow to pack my things." Jungkook furiously put on his coat and opened the door. The rain soaked the beautiful red rug that they had bought together in Venice. "I'm moving out."

He put on his hat and ran out into the roadway, unaware that a rushing truck would come speeding down the corner, trying to get away from the police.

With one desperate cry, Jimin tried to stop Jungkook from getting hit.

But it was too late.

The truck tried to swerve out of the road when it saw Jungkook cross the street, but the rain caused it to hydroplane.

Jungkook was hit before he knew what was coming.

~~~

I will never forgive myself for it.