April 13th: 11:32pm

[apologies]

The boy that once held me so close and warm now laid cold and shut.

The monitor beeped steadily with the rhythm of your heart. I sat near you, holding your limp hand in my damp ones. Your palm felt so frozen against mine, as if I was clutching an icicle.

The lack of heat was so foreign, your face was paler than what was healthy, and your beautiful eyes were closed. But you still looked like an angel.

Now, sitting quietly next to you, I would do anything to just have one hug or one smile, even a hand twitch. Anything would suffice.

I felt like half of a whole without you.

I closed my eyes, thinking about when we were happily together and all the times that we had shared. I could feel a small teardrop roll down my face as I remembered your gorgeous, radiant smile.

My eyes shot open as I heard a nurse in a blue uniform knock on the door. She wheeled in with a cart filled with hospital food. The nurse then quickly changed the IV pouch hanging next to your still body. I thanked her and watched her leave the room, closing the door quietly behind her.

I never really liked the dry taste of the meals that they provided. It was like they made the food out of some kind of bad cardboard.

Either that, or they just stole some elementary school lunch menu.

I pushed the metal cart away from me and held onto your cold hand again.
I silently prayed that you would get better and that you would somehow overcome your coma.

"Jungkook...I love you, never forget that." I felt the sobs beginning to form at the base of my throat. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I should have known better, I should have been there for you, I never meant for this to go so far, I-" I held back my tears. "I didn't mean for you to get hit."

Small puddles of water and salt dripped onto the white sheets, soaking your purple hospital gown. My knuckles turned white from gripping your hand so tightly. "I'm sorry."

A million thoughts raced in my brain, but my cries muffled most of them.

Would you remember me when you woke up? Would you finally forgive me and my mistakes?

But most importantly; would you ever love me again?