Chapter 6

I walk back into my house still thinking about that man from before. I mean don't get me wrong, I appreciate being called gorgeous, but he just seems so...flaky. I mentally lecture myself on Judging people before getting to know them  and slam the door, throwing my camera on the sofa and head to the kitchen.

               I open the fridge and scan. Let's see...Bread...Butter...Expired milk....Orange Juice....and are those brown pickles? I decide to just get some orange juice while looking revolted. I grab a some what clean cup from the dishwasher when I hear the front door slam open then shut. I sigh and mentally prepare myself for the queen of motherly hags.

            "Rae!"

"What, Mom? I'm in the kitchen." I take a sip and wait to see her immeasurable head pop up from behind the doorway. She glares at me as she takes a seat at the dining table. A cigarette that I didn't note before finds its way into her hand as she lights it up. Inhale. Exhale.

            My eyes follow the ring of smoke as it gradually fades away. I look back to see her looking at me as If i'm something to gorge.

"Well...What do you want? Why do you keep staring?"

She inhales, exhales and repeats a couple of times before she puts out her cigarette, licking her  lips in the process.

             "You're dad loved you alot, Rae." I stare, flabbergasted.

"Wha-"

"After he left you in the house, he found me. He gave me a scrap of paper with an address labeled on it, paid me an immense amount of money to go to that address, and told me when I see a little girl to tell her that I am her mother. That little girl was you."

Linda scratches her neck and hair furiously then continues.

"I never wanted kids. I thought they were a waste of time. My plan was to take the money and go far away...Maybe Hawaii or some shit, but the way your dad was so kind I-I just couldn't go through with it. I'm not that much of a cold hearted bitch you know. Truth is I was always jealous of your ass. Pretty, smart,  and kind even through all the shit I and many other people put you through. Don't judge him so fast Rae, he had a really good reason for leaving, but It's not my shit to tell."

As she's confessing all of this my mind is in a whole other place. Tears filling my eyes I look up and dig deep into her eyes, looking for any hint of a lie. Linda isn't the most truthful bitch in the world.

"You're lying.."

"Hell, I don't really care if you think I'm lying hon. I'm only telling you this because I dont want you going through the same bull I did as a teenager. Things are going to be changing soon..

She gets up to leave and I swear I see a slight sign of sympathy on her face and in her eyes. But I guess it was my imagination because when I blink again all I see is a blank face.

I sniff and wipe the tears away from my eyes. I walk out of the kitchen to my room and grab my teddy bear,Stanley, the only reminder I have of my dad. I snuggle my head near Stanley's when I hear the beeping of my laptop. I try to ignore it, but the beeping just kept coming. I gently put Stanley down and go to my laptop, opening it to see a new message from Cool_Dude101. My eyes sparkle. Oh my God, yes!

Cool_Dude101: Hi Rae(:

RaeOfSunshine: Hi Danny:) Were you mad at me a couple days ago?? U Logged off without saying bye or anything so...

Cool_Dude101: Oh! No. Of course not. Just some things I had to do and they were important. Sorry for making u think that...

I smile, happy knowing that I didnt make my potential new friend angry in any way.