Chapter 20

I look down as I step in a gooey substance and realize It was the blood. I see the dining table and notice a gun lying on it. I lick my lips once again, challenging myself to grab it and run into a corner. But I had to find Bailey, and whoever the hell was in the house. I raced over and grabbed the gun then ran down the hallway to my right. I found myself in a some what family room. I noticed stairs in the corner, and ran quietly up them as fast as I could without making a sound. I checked the three rooms that were there, then found myself at the last room.

I open the door keeping an eye out behind me then move inside. It was a plain room, a white bed, white walls, everything...white. I examine the room more closely and pick up a small journal settled on the white fabric with 'The Joker' written in bold print. I place the gun on the bed and sit but just as I'm about to open the book and read what It contains, I hear heavy footsteps coming. I grow stiff, It takes every ounce of determination in my body to move. I end up shuffling inside the bedroom closet and squeeze between some stuffed animals when I feel something extra firm.

Bailey?

I almost scream. I bite down on my fist and I feel my eyes turn red.

Her neck had a long slit across it and there were deep cuts to her ankles and wrists with a huge bloody hole on the side of her head. This was really happening. The one person who was like family to me was dead, never to console me, or hear my stories. Never to laugh at my jokes or for me to hug her and tell her I love you. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear the room door open and I dig myself deeper between Bailey and the stuffed animals.

"Rae, I know you're in here. The guns on the bed."

Shit. I forgot about the gun. Wait. I know that voice.

Daddy?

Even after all these years, I know the way he breathes. The way his deep voice can rumble any room. This was definitely my father.

The room is dark and the floor dusty, I can feel a bit of a sneeze coming on but I hold It back. I shiver knowing that he's getting closer to my hiding spot, knowing that my chances of survival are slim.

"Raven. Come out of hiding sweetie."

I bury myself deeper into my hiding spot. Tears streaming down my face, I place a stuffed animal over my mouth to hide the whimper that was daring to unveil itself.

My eyes grow wide as I see a shadow appear from underneath the closet door. I can't help the goose bumps that overtake my body. After what seemed like endless minutes, the shadow disappears. I let out a small breath of relief but just as soon as hope comes, it goes. The door bursts open, light blinding me for a mere second. He grabs both of my arms and yanks me to where our eyes meet.

"Please ! Please! Anything you want , I'll do it! Don't kill me!"

He smirks while his grip on my arms tighten. He bends lower to where his lips are near my ear. His hot breath sending shivers down my spine. I can't help but squeeze my eyes shut.

"You're already dead."

Then everything goes black.

++++

I park the car across from Officer Dave's house. If he's in there, I don't want him to see me and get suspicious of my motives. I knuckles whiten even from my caramel complexion due to my tightening on the steering wheel. I can do this...I have to. I make sure my cell phone is tucked away in my pocket, and sprint across the street. I make my way to the back gate, and hop over. There was a slide door in the back, so I look through to see If any one was home. The coast is clear.

I turn around from the door and find myself a huge rock. I place it firmly in my hand and aim at the glass door. God, I hope this guy doesn't have security alarms or something. I fling, and the glass Immediately shatters. I stop breathing, waiting for alarms, sirens, anything to start coming my way. But everything Is as quiet as before. I step over the glass and into the dark house. Some glass still manages to crunch from underneath my feet and I pause. That feeling you get when someone watches you, and the hairs on the back of your neck start to stand up was happening to me.

I quickly ignore it, and think that the one place I can get information is either the man's office or bedroom. I run upstairs and start flinging open random doors until I finally find an office. Bingo.

I rush over to his desk and open drawers. I chuck junk mail, porn magazines, receipts, coupons and all sort of junk until I come upon what I think might be useful. It's a letter written to someone named Jason. It reads,

It's almost time for another one. But this time, It's special. Its my niece.

I want you to watch over her, get to know her. Then when you think you're ready, go in for it.

Leave no evidence, nothing. I'm counting on you Jace. You're my man. Remember, any screw ups and I'll have your daughters head.

- Leonardo.

Holy...

"So I guess you know almost everything now huh?"

I look up and almost drop dead at who I was looking at.

"You're in on this too?!"

HMM, I WONDER WHO THIS MYSTERY PERSON IS... COMMENT WHO YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE >:3