Chapter 27

I stare at the small paintings on the wall of the hidden building underneath Leo's home. I glance at Leonardo as he goes through different drawers. My patience diminishing, I get up from the chair I was seated in and walk over to him with my hands tucked inside my pockets.

"What exactly are you looking for?" I ask.

I get no reply, so I let out a deep sigh and walk back to my seat when suddenly the shuffling noise stops. I turn around and see him looking at a piece of paper.

"What's that?"

Leonardo looks up from the paper with a sick, deadly smile plastered upon his face.

"Aiden, can I trust you?"

"Of course." I answer without a doubt in my mind.

"Well then, I'm going to need you to do me a huge favor."

I continue to stare at him with a blank face as he walks over to his computer and pulls out the piece of paper. He starts typing away and motions for me to come over.

I walk behind him and bend down to get a closer look at what he was showing me. I remain poker faced when I eye the police data. Criminal, after criminal appeared on the screen before me, whether it was an old lady, an old man or a very young kid, they all looked like killers.

  "These are all the most wanted criminals in Texas. I want you to go over to the downtown police station and Insert Rae's name into the database as the number one wanted criminal. That way her ass will be one less thing I have to worry about."

"Well why can't we just do it from here?"

"We could. But they know where the information is being put in from. So it has to be from the police station."

Leonardo looks up at me with a questioning look. "Got that, boy?"

"Yes, sir."

I laugh as Leonardo pats me on the shoulder and hands me all the information I need.

 +++++

  I quietly open the doors to the police station and am surprised when I see no one eating a donut, drinking coffee, talking on the phone or anything. Literally, everywhere was silent and empty. So much for protecting the community.    

Thinking fast, I grab the fastest computer I could get with the database already open and quickly get to work.

I type in all the information handed to me.

Name: Rae Lelee Mckinley

Age: 17

Height: 5'6

Weight: 129

Crime: Attempted Murder, Burglary, Identity theft, Resisting arrest, Murder, Abuse to mother, Raping of a Minor

My eyes blink rapidly as I type all of this, but place all personal thoughts to the back of my mind. When I start to hear chatter coming from a distance, I gather up my stuff and race my way back outside to my car. I immediately dial Leonardo.

"Talk."

"It's done, sir."

"Good. Now come over. Ariel and I are waiting for you, dinner is served."

I hang up and make my way back.