His Mate....Twenty

"Dean, let go of me." Adriannah struggled. She didn't want to hurt him, but she could see the wolf inside of him taking over. Her vision became blur, until Dean let go. 

"What in God's name is the matter with you?" She tried to catch her breath.

Dean took a deep breath and blinked a few times before seeing Adriannah in front of him. “I am sorry…”

Adriannah could see in his face that something was wrong. “What’s wrong?”

“Eli has been taken.”

“What? How?”

“Vamps broke into the mansion and took him right after my mother put him to bed. Bridge, Toby and the pack tried to get him back but the facility it’s not werewolf territory.” He looked way and kept his eyes on the ground.

“Who took him?” Adriannah watched over to the pass key where her weapons were held.

“The same man you were talking to, before you got here.” He growled. “Who knew the bastard would go to this length to get back at you or me.”

“Sway, might have killed his parents for power.…” Adriannah felt like this was her fault.

“If only I was home, I could have prevented this.” He took his position back on the couch.

“It’s not your fault, its mine and I am going to get your son back.” She grabbed her house phone and called her Cole. After two rings he answered.

“Yes, Adriannah?” He answered.

“How many of my men are not on duty right now?” She asked.

“Two dozen, maybe. They are just sitting here at the base moping around. Why do you ask?” Cole asked.

“How much do they hate Sway Jensen?”

Cole laughed. “Adriannah I was your cousin’s best friend and so was the other men and women of the Protectors. We all hate Sway; he has done his share of wrong to us.”

“Would you mind talking to Dean Nash?” Adriannah looked over at Dean.

“Why…” Cole seemed very surprised.

“His son was taken by Sway and well I need some help.”

“Fine, but a vamp working for a wolf not my cup of blood. Put him through.” Adriannah handed Dean the phone while she went to her room.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

“I am not working with a bloodsucker.” One of the pack members pointed to the group of Protectors.

“Come on, this is Eli we are talking about.” Adriannah sighed. It was two in the morning and who wouldn’t be cranky getting up this early. “You know the results of this will end badly if Sway gets his way. Besides I am part vamp and werewolf.”

“What’s your point?” He growled.

“The point is: if a vampire and werewolf can fall in love and produce hybrid offspring. What’s the problem with working with the opposite species?” Adriannah heard her mother, Sasha Bradley behind her. “Didn’t we all originate from the same homeland, Romania?”

Adriannah about faced to see her brother, mother and father standing near Helen and Dean, by the kitchen. She smiled at them, and then turned back to the wolf pack.

“Look, Eli is my nephew and Adriannah is right, Sway sent her to kill Dean, but she refused. In results her cousin was killed. He might even kill Eli, to get back at her.” Bridge growled and stood on the side with the vamps. After he did that most of the pack stood with Bridge, even Toby.

A while later, Toby told Adriannah where the pack followed Eli’s captures.

“That’s the Master Tauni tower.” Adriannah cursed under her breathe. “It’s the most heavily armed vampire prison in London.”

“Wouldn’t they notice a werewolf child in the building?”  Raoul looked at his sister then back at the blueprints of the Tauni tower, with other protectors and their father, Kevin. “From the looks of it, I don’t think the werewolves can get in before getting caught.”

“Sway has his ways of hiding anything.” She answered before getting up and unlocking another hidden compartment in the apartment walls. She pushed a row of handguns away and pulled out a silver box. Placing it on the table in front of her she opened it. “That’s why we are using this.” She pulled out a metallic tube. “Its something my cousin, Andrew created; it numbs the senses of vampires if inhaled. Hell he used me as the lab rat and my senses were down for twenty-seven hours.”

“That’s because you are only half vamp, sister.” Raoul lifted the blueprints up. “I finally figured out where he might have Eli.” He laid the prints back on the table, while everyone gathered around. “The tower has twelve entrance doors on the left side, which are underground passage ways. However according to this they recently put sensors in.”

“Leave that to me.” Sasha said. “I can jam them.”

“Alright.” Kevin smiled at his wife. “Now we need is a distraction above ground now.”

Everyone fell silent until Cole spoke. “The prison takes in any vampire that is handcuffed with a bag over their head. Maybe me and a few others can be prisoners while, Adriannah and Raoul are the captures.”

“My brother looks more werewolf, then vamp and they would wonder why an heiress is doing a Protector’s job. It’s better if I was the prisoner….” 

“But they also use K-9 units.” Cole sighed.

As soon as he said that an idea went straight up into her head. “All the werewolves in the room transform, except for mom and Raoul.” As commanded they did, even Dean. “Cole which one can pass for a search dog?”

Cole looked at all twenty five wolves and only picked out three.

“Toby, Dean and Marquis.” A golden, black and grayish brown wolf stepped forward.

“Here is what we are going to do.” Adriannah smiled.