His Mate....Nineteen

Adriannah watched as Dean slept next to her in bed, once in a while she would glance at the ring on her finger in the moonlight. She couldn't get to sleep due to what her encounter with Sway after the funeral and the hunger for blood.

In the morning, she will have to go back to the Embassy and hopefully find something on Sway and his uncle Abraham.

"Adriannah, I know you are not asleep." Dean's voice startled her. 

"I thought you were asleep." She whispered.

"I can feel your distress. Remember your wolf half is connected to me." He opened his eyes.

"I forget." She reached over and touched his lips. "Sorry if I disturbed you from your sleep."

"You didn't." He yawned and pulled her to his body. "Whatever you are thinking is disturbing you from sleep." 

She sighed, "I am okay."

"No you are not, my love." He looked at her. "What is bothering you so much?" 

"Andrew's death..." She snuggled up against him. "Look, it night time and I am tired. Come on, sleep time." She kissed his neck, but that made her hunger crush down on her harder. To taste his blood....

Remember the last time you bit him? You almost killed him.

However she couldn't resist, she kissed the base of his throat, nipping at the skin. 

"Adriannah, what are you doing?" Dean shivered.

She looked up at him, eyes glowing. "Blood." She purred.

Dean hesitated for a minute. The last time she bite him, he almost died. 

Feeling his discomfort, Adriannah moved a foot away from him on the bed. Her eyes still glowing. "I am sorry." She tried her best not to show her growing fangs. "I think I will go out." Getting up she pulled on her jeans and quickly grabbed a sweater from her closet. "Umm...stay here. I will be back." In haste, she left the apartment.

London at night was crawling with vamps and werewolves that didn't really care if one another were walking right next to them. A few drug dealers were at the corner, smoking pot or other substances.

Blood-thirst bit harder on Adriannah as walked passed them, her vow against drinking human blood was now questioning her. However, she didn't care about that vow right now. She watched as one of them began to walk down the dark street, taking a detour down an ally. 

Quick on her feet she followed him in the shadows, creeping closer and closer. Before the man could take another step, the sound of bones snapping pierced the silence in the ally. Drinking him dry, she still didn't feel satisfied, she wanted more. Turning into a wolf, she attacked anyone that wondered in a dark corner. 

However, Adriannah was so busy to notice Dean was hovering right above her. He stood quietly on the fire escape of the closest building, already eight bodies were drained and then getting rid of them in a dumpster. Staring down at the white wolf that was now stained with blood, he wondered if she would kill the whole of London, but he slowly saw Adriannah transform back to herself. 

"I know you are there." Adriannah hissed.

Does she know I am here?

"Blood thirst, such a bitch." Sway's voice filled Dean's ears as he watched Adriannah crouch, ready to attack. “Don’t get so offensive, I just came here to talk.”

“Talk, don’t make me laugh, Sway.” She growled.

“I am sure making you growl.” He smirked.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“You step down from being heiress.” He shrugged.

“Why?”

“Because I want you to, you’re obviously not the blood of the James and your neither vampire nor lycan. Then there is that lycan leader that you are in love with, what will the community and the council think about this?”

Dean who stood above and Sway waited for her answer, seconds passed before she answered.

“The council would be where it is, if it wasn’t for me and my love life is not your bloody concern. Ask for you, there are crimes against you and your uncle, with the abduction of a hybrid child.”

“You mean, you?” He stepped closer to her. “We did that because of your father and since I need a wife.”

“Wife?” Adriannah snarled.

“Yes, I wanted hybrid children. I didn’t want to mate with a bitch, so I later found out that Kevin Bradley, ambassador of Finland had a female hybrid child, and I ordered my men to abduct you. My uncle paid the James off a hefty amount, to play as your parents when they hated you so much. But the most amazing thing was your thirteenth birthday, your adult transformation.”

“When why not gain my trust then? Why did you order me to kill Dean Nash?”

“Your dear cousin, Andrew got in the way. He didn’t want me near you and then Dean’s father being nosy. As they say like father, like son.  I wanted him dead too. But you fell for him.” Sway snorted.

“Sway you just dug your grave deeper then before.” Adriannah chuckled.

“How deep are we saying?” Sway smirked.

“Deep enough for the devil to reach you.” She bowed her head and shifted into a wolf, before disappearing.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Adriannah returned home to find Dean in the living room, his face in his hands.

“How long have you been up?” Adriannah asked, keeping her distance due to her blood covered state.

He didn’t answer.

“Dean?” She moved closer. “Dean?” She touched his shoulder.

Within seconds Dean pinned Adriannah to the wall, his arm pressed against her throat, his eyes cold. A deep snarl came from his chest. Although Adriannah was strong, she couldn’t break from Dean’s iron grip.