His Mate....Two

“You did what?!” Dean Nash growled at his cousin Bridge.

"All I did was tell the vamps that you will be at the Opera house on their side of time, to attend the Treaty’s anniversary." Bridge held his hands up, a sheepish smile across his face.

It took Dean all the strength he had not to kill his cousin. Taking several deep breaths, he calmly asked, “Who will I be talking too from the vamp society?”

Bridge cleared his throat, “The young heiress Adriannah James, her escort will be Abraham Fredrick.” He looked up at his cousin. “Will you attend?”

Dean shrugged and lit himself a cigarette, “If I go there will obviously be a damn fight about something and if I don’t go the same thing.” He blew a smoke ring, “What’s the point?”

“The point is to attend and don’t make our kind look like cowards.” Bridge growled, however that was the wrong move in front of his Alpha. Seconds passed as he watched Dean smoke his cigarette. “Tell me your answer later, cousin.” He said leaving the room. 

Dean listened closely as he heard his cousin’s footsteps grow fainter and fainter down the hall. With a huge sigh he crushed his cigarette butt in the ash tray, he knew Bridge had a point and he knew he didn’t want the bloodsuckers to think his people were the scum of the earth. Much less make himself look bad.                                                                                                          

Getting up from his chair, he called for Bridge again and accepted the invitation to the bloodsuckers’ stupid Treaty anniversary. Like they follow what they write. He could remember a decade ago when his parents signed it and then from there his life total changed after his father mysteriously died of silver poisoning.He knew the vamps had something to do with it. But he was grateful his mother was still breathing, without her we wouldn’t have stepped into his father’s prints and take lead.

Looking out the window from the penthouse he could see half the moon shining, lighting another cigarette, he left his room and set out to find his mother. As he walked down the halls, every werewolf in their true form or not bowed to him, he still wasn’t use to the high sense of respect his people gave him. After he finally got to his mother’s room, he saw Bridge, but not his mother.

“Before you ask cousin, your mother went to the society meeting in Middlesex. She will not be back till after the treaty thing tomorrow night.” Bridge looked up from his laptop. “So do you have an answer?”

Dean sat in the chair opposite of him and blew rings into the air, “I will go and talk to the bloodsucker.” he wondered if the heiress was an old woman, he has never seen her before much less know her. “Do I need an escort?”

“No, you can go alone, that’s what I am doing.” Bridge eyes went back to the laptop. “Do you have anyone in mind?”

“No one really, I was think I should bring your ex.” A wicked smile played on Dean’s lips as he watched his cousin almost drop his laptop.

“Isn’t that a little dangerous, to me in particular.”  Bridge tried to collect himself from the surprising answer. “Why don’t you just take me?”

“As you wish, cousin, so what is happening so far in the lands? I couldn’t get a chance to go around the city.”

“Nothing really, I just made my rounds and the humans are fine. No blood shed.” Bridge closed his laptop and stood up. “There is also one more thing; you have a meeting with Medjool, something to do with his daughter, Ginger.”

Great another marriage proposal, to make my day get worse.

Dean took a huge puff from his cigarette, “Tell him I will see him shortly. Right now I need to find a something to wear for tomorrow.”

“Yes, Dean.” Bridge left his cousin alone once again. You need to find a mate soon, you will never be happy.