His Mate....Eleven

Dean woke up to the moonlight peaking through the closed blinds. The house was silent; all he heard was the crickets making their music outside. He felt a lot better from this morning, he almost died. But he felt bad for snapping at Adriannah. He glanced at the grandfather clock, midnight which means she would already be asleep. Taking a deep breath he lifted himself off the couch and entered the kitchen to find Adriannah sitting on the stool near the island.

She didn’t look up when he entered she just stared at the cup in front of her. The smell of fresh blood lingered in the air. Walking up to her, he kissed her cheek, but caught her hand.

Adriannah woke up out of her daze, to realize who was standing right next to her. Pulling her hand away, she picked up her cup of blood and went outside. Right now she didn’t want to be around him, she thought clearing her mind help. Well it didn’t. Her past life was bothering her; it made her so angry she took her anger out on a deer that was in her pathway. Dean on the other hand, she didn’t want to poison him again.

“Hey are you alright?” Dean asked coming outside and stood in front of her.

“Peachy.” She took a sip of her blood and looked out to the forest. “Why don’t you go check on your son?” She drained her cup and placed it on the table beside her. “And leave me alone.”

Dean was shocked on how she was acting. He could see that something was bothering her and it was making her angry. He watched her avoid his eyes as she looked everywhere else and not him. 

"I will not leave you alone until you tell me what is wrong?" He grabbed her face, making her look at him. "What the bloody hell is bothering you?" Dean searched her eyes for an answer, but found nothing as she pushed him away. 

"What is bothering me is my life is a complete lie." She growled. "I am not an heir to the vampire nation, I am not a James and my real parents have been grieving my death for sixteen years!" 

Dean didn’t know what to say or what to do. She looked like she would attack him if he touched her, so he kept his distance. After a few seconds, she began crying.

“I tried to make those impostors like me, they never once loved me. I became a Protector; I went to the same colleges they went to, graduated at the top of my class. Then go to their stupid War Office meetings, acting like them and tried to be in their best interest. But that all was a waste of my life." She ran her shaky fingers through her hair. "Why me?" 

Dean's heart broke bit by bit on every word she spoke, he has never seen her so weak and fragile. He quickly pulled her into his arms, He held her as close as she fought against his grip. 

"Let go of me, Dean!" She was too weak to escapes his grip. "Please let go of me....." Adriannah struggled against him. 

"ADRIANNAH!" Dean's voice rang in her ears and her struggling stopped. "The person you are today, they can't see. They are blind and they are stupid. Right now I see a beautiful woman that is so loving, independent, fierce and caring. I don't see why you had to prove yourself to them? Even if you were the bloodline heiress. Be who you want to be, not what they want you to be or do." 

Adriannah looked at him and remembered her orders from Sway, to kill him. New tears formed in her eyes as she looked at the man she loved, that would soon die by her arms. If he only knew.... Taking a shaky breath she pressed her lips to his and began to cry again. I will find a way around this. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The next morning Adriannah showed Dean the files, as they resigned in his study. She also wanted to tell him about Sway’s plans, but right now that wouldn’t be the best of things since he seemed pissed after reading most of them.

 “I knew Raoul Bradley, his father is or was a vampire ambassador for Finland.”

“I am Finnish?” Adriannah said taking a seat on Dean’s lap. “Do you know if he is still lives here?”

“The last time I saw Raoul, he was going back to Finland about a couple years ago. I doubt whether they are there now.” He snaked one arm around Adriannah’s waist. “I am sorry.”

“It’s fine. Can I ask you a something?” She faced him.

“Depends what it is.” Dean winked.

“If someone tried to kill you, by first gaining your trust and respect. What would you do?” She asked.

“Depends on who the person is.” He kissed her shoulder. “Why do you ask?”

“No reason.” She quickly came off his lap but escape seemed very impossible when Dean pulled her back.

“Adriannah Alix James, is there something you are not telling me?”